• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Hello from Oak Park Illinois!

LuvMusic

TalkEmount Regular
Greetings!

Been lurking for about a week and thought it was time to introduce myself. Just picked-up a NEX 5N kit at a great price. Got to love those discontinued prices.

Still have my trusty, old OM1 which I really enjoyed. This is my first non point-and-shoot digital camera and I have high hopes that it will be as good.

Here's a couple of first pics. Nothing fancy, just getting to know the camera.

Regards!

---            

---            

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Welcome to the forums. Couple of nice shots there. You'll find the 5N RAW files (if you shoot RAW) have a very forgiving nature when it comes to shadow detail recovery. And don't forget all those old Olympus lenses will work too. :)

LuvMusic

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to the forums. Couple of nice shots there. You'll find the 5N RAW files (if you shoot RAW) have a very forgiving nature when it comes to shadow detail recovery. And don't forget all those old Olympus lenses will work too. :)
Thanks!

I have never shot RAW, one of the reasons I bought the NEX 5N, so I could learn. Thanks for the reminder about my old Olympus glass...hadn't really thought about it. Good example of why I joined this community, seems like great sharing. Hopefully I'll be able to give back once I get a little more experience.

ErickSaint

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Erick
Welcome. I'm a neighbor to the North up in Milwaukee. I also just got my 5N on those great discounts about a month ago. Nice shots, looks like you have some great scenery there.

LuvMusic

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome. I'm a neighbor to the North up in Milwaukee. I also just got my 5N on those great discounts about a month ago. Nice shots, looks like you have some great scenery there.
HAH! I wish that was the scenery here in Oak Park.....flat as a pancake. The scene is actually Zurich, Switzerland which is located in a valley in the Swiss Alps.

Thanks for the welcome....Happy Holidays to all!!

Top Bottom