Hello from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by erd, Jun 16, 2016.

1. erd

erd TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 16, 2016
    Erik Doree
    Hi all,

New to the forums and more or less new to photography outside of point and shoot cameras. For Christmas I picked up an a6000.

I've picked up a bunch of lenses for the cam, including some Russian lenses that I found fascinating.

Sadly being new to a changeable camera like this I'm still learning all the ins and outs of "taking a better picture"

-Erik

• Like Like x 1
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Welcome! I think you will love the a6000 as much as I do mine. Versatile, capable, portable, adaptable.
    Most of all, made photography so much fun. Some of those Russian lenses are superb, and affordable.
    Currently, I'm enjoying vintage lenses with my Sony. Feel free to check out my flickr albums on different models if you decide to pick up more manual focus lenses for the camera.
    You'll come up to speed quickly, as the a6000 is quite popular and there are a lot of online resources to help out.

3. erd

erd TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 16, 2016
    Erik Doree
    Thanks, I think what I'm having the most difficulty with believe it or not is the exposure triangle concept. Which is sort of why I decided to get some manual lenses. Almost forced teaching rather than have the camera do all the guess work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I hear ya! The concept will gel quickly with manual shooting. FYI, I've found manual focus lenses most convenient and effective with Focus Peaking enabled, Zebra enabled, Focus Assist Magnification enabled, and assigning the C1 button next to the shutter to Focus Mag Assist. Assign shutter speed to the dial wheel.
    Thanks to Live View, you'll see immediately how ISO, Aperture, and Shutter, affects the exposure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Welcome to talkemount. For what it's worth, I live just west of your state in the wilds of North Dakota. :Welcome:

6. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    And welcome from across the pond.