Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by jayhawk, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jayhawk

jayhawk New to TalkEmount

Jul 29, 2015
    Hello. I came across this forum a few weeks ago and bookmarked and am just now getting back.

I started getting serious about photography in 2011. Part way through the year, the NEX 5N came out and I bought it right away. That's when things took off for me. I still have that camera, but I've owned the RX1, Nikon D600, Canon 6D along the way and now mostly shoot with an A7.

I shoot photography as a serious hobby. Until this year, I was taking a photo-a-day every day since 2010. Now, I tend to be more particular about the shots I take and won't take one just to take one to keep my steak alive. Heh. I have learned much along the way and I still have much to learn. I hope that never changes.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Welcome along my friend!
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    That pretty much describes most of here, jayhawk. So let me add my welcome to Nick's. I bet you have some real gems among the photo-a-day shots you took. Feel free to post any of them here if you like.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    And a welcome from me too! Please share some of your pics, I'm really looking forward to your best of the daily picture challenge.
    Still don't know if I am serious about it; it'd better be seeing the money I spent on it :eek-30:. At least I'm an amateur because I make zero money on photography so I'm not accountable to anyone but myself which is about all I can take.
    • Like Like x 1