1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from Maryland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by JudyM, Jan 13, 2014.

1. JudyM

JudyM TalkEmount Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and new to the world of Sony cameras, having just purchased an a7R. My little Panasonic GF1 and I have been regulars at the M43 sister site for the past several years. I've found it to be a nice place with nice people. I also used a Canon 5D Mark II until a back injury forced me to rethink my kit. The GF1 was starting to show its age, and the Canon's fate was sealed when I reinjured a disc lifting my tripod with the 5D Mark II and 400mm attached. I purchased an E-M1 to semi-retire the GF1, and the Canon was sold to purchase the a7R. I kept the 400mm to use with the GF1 and E-M1. I haven't had much time to get out and shoot recently, but I'm looking forward to getting better acquainted with the a7R. I'm anxious to learn more about the Sony system of lenses, so I hope you don't mind questions.

Kind regards,
    Judy

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Fire away, Judy. And welcome. I think you'll find this forum as congenial as the ยต4/3 forum.

3. JudyM

JudyM TalkEmount Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm looking forward to participating.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome.

5. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Welcome from another Marylander:) I also have some m43 gear and nex/A7R gear ...

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome to the E mount and the forum. And, sadly, to the world of back pain. On the bright side, it lead you to the 7R. ;)

7. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
  8. JudyM

JudyM TalkEmount Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome, I'm glad to be here. I haven't had much time to take the a7R out yet, but I love that I felt almost immediately comfortable with it. I think we're going to get along just fine.

9. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    Welcome Judy!!

10. Snowy

Snowy TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Barry
    Welcome Judy. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

11. JudyM

JudyM TalkEmount Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Thanks everyone. I'm anxious to get out soon to give both cameras a try. I really haven't had time for more than a few dozen photos with each since I bought them.