• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Hello from Leicestershire, UK

Jeff Spangle

TalkEmount Rookie
Hello, I've been a long time Minolta film user and now Sony DSLT user, just purchased an NEX-5N twin lens kit. Have to say I'm very impressed with it. Why did I get it? I bought a Canon G12 last year as a do it all compact and I haven't warmed to it at all. The Nex 5n has a much larger sensor and image quality is much better, plus I can use older MF lenses.

Jeff

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Jeff,
welcome to the forum. Like you, I had a similar experience with the Canon G10 and couldn't warm to it at all. Unfortunately this was the second PowerShot I'd had but, at the time of purchasing them, there didn't seem to be much competition.........that's all changed now with the advent of NEX!

Cheers,
Paul

Jeff Spangle

TalkEmount Rookie
Thanks for the welcome Paul.

I intend to take the NEX-5N + 18-55 lens plus Alpha 77 with Tamron 70-300 to The Victory Show > Home massive site with plenty of people in full period costume/uniform. I went last year with one camera and had to fumble changing lenses. Taking the NEX means I can react quicker.

Jeff

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Jeff,
The Victory Show looks like a really interesting event. I'm disappointed I can't go but I'm busy this weekend :(
Anyway, hope you enjoy it and look forward to you posting some photos on this forum!
Cheers,
Paul

Electric Shepherd

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ben
Welcome aboard!

I'll be at the show too this year [the planes almost fly over our house anyway] but I'll be taking the D300 and some big glass in the day time. We're going to the dinner dance on the evening though and will probably take my Nex3 and 16mm pancake on the evening for some fun snaps.

JimR

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
Welcome to the board. I'm fairly new her myself. It's been a great resource, especially for advice on adapting lenses to the NEX system.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I intend to take the NEX-5N + 18-55 lens plus Alpha 77 with Tamron 70-300 to The Victory Show > Home massive site with plenty of people in full period costume/uniform. I went last year with one camera and had to fumble changing lenses. Taking the NEX means I can react quicker.

Welcome to the forum, Jeff. :)
Looking forward to see your photos... all the best and have fun!

Latest threads

Top Bottom