1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by grillec, Mar 29, 2015.

1. grillec

grillec TalkEmount Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    Greetings,

heard from this side at the photographers' lounge and decided to make an account here, too.
    Normally I'm not the type for a forum who is specialized on a camera type because I own some different types and use them just as I like.
    This include among others: D300s, Nex-5(N), different DP (Merrill), X100, X-E1/2, LX7, Nikon 1 V1, A6000 and a Sony A7.
    At the moment I have the most fun to adapt old legacy lenses with the A7 like with the Nex-5(N) in the past.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Wow, that is a lot of cameras.

Welcome

3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Wow, you must be a member of quite some forums :D. It's fun indeed to play around with legacy glass on the A7, I do that for 2 years now and I'm still not done. Oh, and welcome BTW!

4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Herzlich Willkommen! :D

5. grillec

Mar 19, 2015
    Thank you very much for the welcome and 'vielen Dank' :)

I almost never sold a camera again and I tried a lot for fun. So I discovered that there don't exist a one and only camera and I need more space for my equipment :)

6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Welcome!

How do you choose which camera to take along with so many choices? :hmmm: I would be soooo confused......:D

7. grillec

Mar 19, 2015
    Thank you.

To the question to decide which camera: often I use a combo of focal length.
    Above I forgot the Ricoh GR. As example I use a Ricoh GR (eqv. focal length 28mm) with the Sigma DP3 (eqv. focal length 75mm). Both use the same battery. These were in my bag the last three weeks.

Another one: the GR and a light tele lens with the A7.
    Or a tele(zoom) with the APS-C A6000 and A7 with Distagon 28mm (c/y) - both use the same battery, too.
    Or the X-E1 and X-E2 with a prime and a zoom...

The choice is more a matter of gut feeling and of which sujet is planned. The GR is good in street and architecture (black&white). The Merrills are good to show structures and wabi-sabi like still lifes. Both are silent shooters. The Fuji are excellent in color scenes (portrait, sundowns,...) and the A7 could complement the first choice with a matching manual lens or AF lens with the LA-E4 adapter. And so on...

8. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Welcome! Please do join in and would love to see samples of your work, thoughts on your favorite legacy lenses, etc.

I, too, find the a7 wonderful to work with in my limited number of legacy lenses.

• Like Like x 1