Hello from Aylmer, ON, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by cbutton, Nov 1, 2013.

1. cbutton

cbutton TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 30, 2013
    I've had my NEX 6 now for about 2 weeks. Bought it used with 16050, 50 f1.4 and 55-210. Am quite enjoying the experience however I am concerned that I might have some problems with the camera (thank goodness for extended warranties).

Last night I was at a community play. Several times when I would "wake up" the camera (which often felt like 5+ seconds), the viewfinder (LCD display was turned off) would show the level & grid lines but the image layer was black. Or, the camera would zoom the lens out and in and out, the display would transition from normal to almost all white back to normal. It did this on A, P, Intelligent and Superior modes. Maybe I'm too used to my Canon 7D's performance and need to have a little patience. Comments or suggestions anyone?

(Should I be posting this to another forum on this site?)

Thanks for your help.
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Mine has never done anything like that. I don't know if anyone else has experienced something along those lines, but I suspect you may be in for a warranty repair. :frown:
  3. cbutton

cbutton TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 30, 2013
    Woodworks, I visited Henry's Cameras yesterday. The clerk, who is also a NEX 6 owner, agrees with you. A warranty repair is likely. 6-8 weeks turnaround. :frown:

Thanks for your response.