1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello forum!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by robbie1985, Jul 21, 2013.

1. robbie1985

robbie1985 TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 21, 2013
    Newcastle, UK
    Hi there!

I'm Robbie, enthusiast photographer/videographer. I direct a music videos and have been a long time Canon fanboy. However, they keep putting out cameras missing the vital functions which other brands like Sony are happy to include for a fraction of the price. So here I am, with my very new and shiny NEX6. I bought a Zhongyi Lens Turbo which I can not talk about enough, it is just amazing! If you aren't familiar with this, then search on YouTube for Speed Booster (which is the same thing but a different brand) and let the videos blow your mind! Essentially giving you a full frame image on a crop sensor, and ADDING a stop of light while it's at it. Totally magical.

I've posted shot of my rig in the filmmaking section, happy to discuss that til the cows come home. If you want to see any of my previous work (all shot on Canon) you can go here Cardiac Media Videos and see them all in one place. It's mostly heavy metal, so not to everybody's tastes. The page sort of goes in chronological order, so they get worse as you down the page and back in time...

Anyway that's me, I'm here to get more ideas on how to use this fantastic tool and hopefully find some little gems in the form of manual prime lenses you can recommend.

Thanks!

2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Welcome to talknex. Enjoy your camera. I still have my Canon 5d+40d but I should have sold them long time ago as they haven't been used after I switched to mirrorless cameras.

3. robbie1985

robbie1985 TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 21, 2013
    Newcastle, UK
    Totally relate to this, but I occassionally shoot weddings, and I just don't think I could turn up with my NEX as my main camera, as no doubt there will be some guest there with a 1Dx because it's their 'hobby' and they have stupid amounts of money. The fact that the NEX produces better images doesn't come into it on the day :(