Hello everyone :]

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by On to the NEX, Sep 12, 2013.

1. On to the NEX

On to the NEX TalkEmount Regular

May 14, 2013
    Hi, I've been creeping around this forums for a while and finally decided to introduce myself. I've been shooting for lil less than a year when I first purchased my NEX 5N and fell in love with photography ever since.
    Hope to be a part of this friendly community :]
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Welcome to the forum OttN. :)
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Hi there, On to the NEX, and welcome to the asylum. Now, post some photos from that 5N!
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
  5. On to the NEX

May 14, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'll share some photos as soon as I can repair my computer. In the meantime... here's a link to my flickr.

The more recent photos are taken with my (now broken) Canon 5D. The older photos on the bottom are taken with the 5N. 99% of the photos have not been processed (haven't found the time to do so). Feel free to critique!
  6. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Cool to get more members. :)
  7. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Hi here,

some nice shots in your Flickr. You seem to be comfortable with getting close to people to shoot them (no pun intended ;)), which is a great skill for a photographer.

Oh, and you managed to actually break a Canon 5D? How did you do that? I know a 5D eaten by a crocodile that still worked (well, not really, but at least it looked like it could still work).
  8. On to the NEX

May 14, 2013
    Thanks! I'm actually very shy, slowly gaining more courage to ask people to take photos of them, also the 85mm helped.

I somehow managed to bend one of the pins for the CF slot. Stupidly trying to fix it with the battery still installed, the entire camera refuses to turn back on. I suspect something must have gotten fried. Haven't had the time to contact Canon, but it'd probably be cheaper if I find someone to repair it locally...

I think I read that same article on dpreview, tho I remembered it being a 60D.
  9. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Welcome from me too ;)

and ^^ +1

10. Mathieu Decodts

Mathieu Decodts TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Welcome from another long time lurker who just signed up too.
  11. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012