Hello everyone from Lithuania

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Eddie, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Eddie

Eddie TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 17, 2013
    So I sold my CANON D40 with grip, 80-200 F2.8L, 17-40 F4L and etc... and decide to go light weight wit NEX-6, SEL 1855, SEL 55210.
    I feel ambiguously wit this choice, but every time I turn on the NEX'us-it feels better and better.
    Things I don't like comparing with DSLR: slower focus, it takes longer to change settings while I'm shooting, electronic view finder and battery life.
    Things I like/love: everything else.....and this forum.

Probably I'l need more time to get use to that, but I can tell you this - NEX-6 is amazing toy.

Soon I will bring some photos from my play ground.

Once again - love this forum and it's honor to be a part of it.

2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Welcome Eddie.

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Welcome Eddie. Yes, some of the NEX-6 settings can be annoying, but I've gotten quicker with them over time. Or maybe I don't notice them as much because the positives of shooting with the camera override the occasional negatives with the confounding menus.
  4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Hey Eddie, welcome to the forum and the NEX. YOu learn to live with the quirks to gain the portability and image quality you get from the NEX line. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello, Eddie. Nice to have you here.

Congratulations on your new photographic life. From my own experience, there will be a shorter adjustment period, or learning curve, when going from DSLR to NEX. But it's worth the effort.

You will get the same image quality or better with the NEX in a much smaller and lighter package. After a while, it feels almost silly to carry around a large camera with a grip and massive lens - when you don't need to. (But I still like it!)

Slower autofocus is not much of an issue. If you are anything like the rest of us, you will get into manual focus lenses pretty quickly...

I look foward to seeing some photos in due course :)

P.S. Battery life: just buy a couple of no-name spare batteries on eBay. I find they are as good as, or even better than Sony's own.
  6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Welcome from me too Eddie and congrats on the purchase ;)
  7. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    I was in Lietuva two weeks ago...what a beautiful place. I will be posting my pictures soon taken with the NEX-6 as well!
    I loved Trakai specially...just stunning.
  8. Eddie

Eddie TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 17, 2013
    Nice man! What did you do there?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TalkEmount mobile app