HDR Sunset

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Jun 13, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Living in a hilly mixed suburban/rural area, it is hard to find a good place to capture an obstruction-free sunset without driving a ways. As I stepped out of church last night, I thought the sky looked nice, so I snapped off a few HDR shots. They were not as sharp as I would have liked. I'm going to go out again in a few minutes and try again, although there aren't many clouds tonight, only this time I'm taking my tripod and a graduated ND filter. Lens was the Sigma 35-70/2.8-4.

Tony

Attached Files:

2. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Much better. Last night was hazy and muggy, and today we had a high pressure area push in behind today's t-storms to clear things up a lot. In a matter of a few minutes this evening, we went from a crystal clear blue sky to the best sunset I have seen in a long time. All three of these are HDR, taken with the Sigma set at 50mm. Enjoy.

Tony

Attached Files:

3. Believer

Believer TalkEmount Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    New Jersey, US
    Ryan
    2nd shot from the revisit is really great. Nice job! The tripod makes such a difference im learning.

4. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. Yes, a tripod is a great asset to have at times.

Tony

5. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    second shot is my favorite, nice color, you have used the camera HDR?

6. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    I likie.

7. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks folks. Yes Freddy, these are HDR.

Tony