1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Having such a global forum is great because ... (followed by your answer...)

Discussion in 'Coffee Bar' started by Orange, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    ... I can post questions or comments in the late evening or night time just before bed, then wake up to a load of answers/posts the next morning with a cup of tea before facing the day! ;)

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    ... it enjoys the benefits of a wider 'field of view' :)

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Because though it's a NEX forum, I can bitch about NEX limitations or lust about Fuji cams or remember my GX-1 fondly and nobody gives me a hard time over it. It's a board for emotionally secure people who don't equate themselves with the gear they own. That's VERY refreshing. I know at least another member, besides me, who actually ditched his m4/3 gear because of the general m4/3 crowd attitude.
    Here people are helpful, not judgmental, and above all respectful of others opinions and/or specific needs. To me that's the greatest asset of this place.
    That, and the fact that after contributing for a while, it almost feels like family, or at least a close friends circle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Orange

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    2 excellent reasons, nice one nianys and Dioptrick ;)

5. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    You meet people who initially find it difficult to upload full size photos, and then remember the mind boggling time you had when you first tried to upload.
    other than that, it's not a bad site all in all

6. RalllyFan

RalllyFan TalkEmount Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Tom
    ...you can win a cool Spiratone lens!

But seriously, I like it because there's a wide variety of people, each with their own 'vision', their own views on their equipment, and their own style of photography. And I can see pictures from (to name a few) Australia, Germany, France, China, UK, US, Canada...etc. I can be informed and inspired all in one place!

7. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    because ... ChangshaNotes occasionally uploads photos of authentic Chinese cooking, my fav cuisine! Slurrrp!!

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    …you can unload that Spiratone doorstop that's been cluttering up your lens drawer on some unsuspecting soul! :p

9. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    LOL!

-

Having such a global forum is great because... some bloke called Bimjo hangs there, and he has a great sense of humour! :eek:

10. RalllyFan

RalllyFan TalkEmount Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Tom
    Touche Bimjo, touche. Just wait till that lens lands me a Pulitzer Prize. ;)

11. tanglewood

tanglewood TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 11, 2012
    ... it can learn me to talknex real good!

:)

12. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    And I shall be able to say "I knew him when he got it." ;)

13. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Now Bimjo and RallyFan, what's the private joke about the lens ?!? Fill us in !

14. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Didn't RallyFan won the lens as a prize for the best shot in Bimjo's thread? ;)

15. Orange

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    Yes he did Nick, that's what the joke is nianys!

16. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    ...because I like talking about my hobby and my gear with people who are honest, smart, nice to each other and don't flame or diss each other just because aomeone doesn't own the right camera or lens!

17. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    ...it is helping learn currency conversions in my head.

(...and the people here are just plain awesome.)

18. Orange

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    All good stuff, what a wonderful little community we have here from all over the world, regardless of colour or creed, how beautiful ;)

19. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Bimjo put up a contest with his Spiratone lens as the prize. The lens is not a very good lens (to put it mildly)... hence the underlying reason why it was being given away as a prize. :)

I suppose it's as useful as a doorstop, or even a doorknob... but Rallyfan is determined to take wonderful award-winning photos with the Spiratone lens he won from Bimjo.

Great camaraderie we have here! :D

20. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    That's the point! Never been to a forum where a memebr spends a price for an internal competition from his own stuff!
    And by the way: The photographer takes the picture not lens or camera ;-)!