Has anyone tried the Vivitar 2x macro focusing TC ?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by markoneswift, Sep 12, 2013.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Hi all, after a failed attempt to acquire a 200mm FD macro lens recently I've decided to take a different approach to my macro setup. I read some really good comments on the Vivitar macro focusing TC when it's combined with a good fast prime lens so I bought the TC from EBay for $29. Once it arrives, I'm going to put my FD 50mm f/1.8 on it and see what I get.

Inspired in no small part by Danny ( "macro" ) I have also bought an old Sunpak macro ring flash kit from the uk for $50 so hopefully I will be able to get some good light into my shots. I have just ordered a 52-58 coupling rings too to stick my 28 or 50 onto my 70-210 zoom so we will see how that goes. Oh and I have also got a Helios 44-2 and some Russian M42 bellows !!

Once I get all these components together I will put some pics up of the kit and some sample images. Such a pity it takes so long to ship stuff to New Zealand !!!!

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    It is really handy and should deliver quite good images if used with excellent lens.

These are really handy even if you have a real macro lens as you can double your macro focal length and they don't weight very much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.