Has anyone tried the Vivitar 2x macro focusing TC ?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by markoneswift, Sep 12, 2013.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Hi all, after a failed attempt to acquire a 200mm FD macro lens recently I've decided to take a different approach to my macro setup. I read some really good comments on the Vivitar macro focusing TC when it's combined with a good fast prime lens so I bought the TC from EBay for $29. Once it arrives, I'm going to put my FD 50mm f/1.8 on it and see what I get.

Inspired in no small part by Danny ( "macro" ) I have also bought an old Sunpak macro ring flash kit from the uk for $50 so hopefully I will be able to get some good light into my shots. I have just ordered a 52-58 coupling rings too to stick my 28 or 50 onto my 70-210 zoom so we will see how that goes. Oh and I have also got a Helios 44-2 and some Russian M42 bellows !!

Once I get all these components together I will put some pics up of the kit and some sample images. Such a pity it takes so long to ship stuff to New Zealand !!!!
  2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    It is really handy and should deliver quite good images if used with excellent lens.

These are really handy even if you have a real macro lens as you can double your macro focal length and they don't weight very much.