• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Has anyone made a successful pinhole for the NEX ?

markoneswift

TalkEmount Veteran
If so, do you have any details of what you did to make it work ? Body cap type thing is what I'm thinking. I know there are some commercial ones available, but I'm after more low-fi DIY affair. Cheers !

asimkalkan

TalkEmount Regular
maked one for my Canon 550D which i was using before i bought nex.

ts very easy. Just put a pinhole on bodycap and you have lens :)

How much the hole is smaller that much your picture is sharper and unfortunately darker...

And how much its far to sensor is rhat much it becomes tele :) For example you can use a macro tube and you have tele pinhole lens :)

Sent from my Lubitel 2 using Tapatalk 2

markoneswift

TalkEmount Veteran

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I've never found pinholes to be particularly effective on digital cameras. They work fine on film, but not on digital. You end up with a blurry mess on digital for some reason.

And yes, they are blurry on film, but not as bad as on digital.

asimkalkan

TalkEmount Regular
I made a hole in a body cap ( fairly large ) then made a pihole in a piece of aluminium and taped it into the larger cap hole. The result was, well, disappointing. Maybe I'm missing the point, but the images were nowhere near in focus, like this :-

7950120494_e2a89b664d.jpg
   ---            

Sony NEX pinhole 2 by markoneswift, on Flickr

f you have macro tube can you try with it?

Sent from my Lubitel 2 using Tapatalk 2

Frank Teurlings

TalkEmount Regular
Pinhole

If so, do you have any details of what you did to make it work ? Body cap type thing is what I'm thinking. I know there are some commercial ones available, but I'm after more low-fi DIY affair. Cheers !

Maby for you is Dutch difficult, the same as for me Englisch Then you can perhaps translate it with google. I hope you can enjoy it. See the link below.

Creatief: DIY Bokeh Kit » Vink Academy

Latest threads

Top Bottom