Hanoi, Vietnam

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
A couple of months ago I got to visit the popular sites and not so popular cities in Vietnam.
I had forgotten to post this one of Hanoi.
These were shot mostly with the Sony A7Rii and the Zeiss 16-35f4 and the Tamron 28-75f2.8
DSC05545.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC05560.jpg
DSC05561.jpg
DSC05584.jpg
DSC05596.jpg
DSC05602.jpg
DSC05609.jpg
DSC05617.jpg
DSC05625.jpg
DSC05633.jpg
DSC05634.jpg
DSC05651.jpg
DSC05652.jpg
DSC05665.jpg
DSC05669.jpg
DSC05685.jpg
DSC05691.jpg

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Great shots, Rob!

It’s been 13 years since I was there. But it doesn’t look like much has changed. Your photos bring back fine memories.
The buildings are the same for the most part. A lot of construction and buildings outside of the city center. The only thing that changes are the people and the fashion.

Last edited:

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Nice photos. During my time in Vietnam, luckily I never visited Hanoi. The "Hanoi Hilton" was not exactly a vacation destination in the 60's or 70's...

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Nice photos. During my time in Vietnam, luckily I never visited Hanoi. The "Hanoi Hilton" was not exactly a vacation destination in the 60's or 70's...
Hahaha. I can understand that. If you were staying there during that time you weren't exactly there out of choice. lol

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Fantastic shots! I definitely want to visit there, even retire there! So much to explore, to experience, and to shoot. And the food is delicious. :)

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I'd love to visit Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) as well as the rest of the Mekong Delta. Dalat in the Central Highlands is also definitely a great spot. I lived for a few days in a Montegnard Village, near there, covering a Navy Sea Bee Civic Action Team.
I shot a motion picture segment of a bare breasted Montegnard woman operating a butter churn that was interesting but, was never included in the short film the Navy did of my footage. I wasn't surprised but, I still meet guys who remember that footage:rofl:

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
I'd love to visit Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) as well as the rest of the Mekong Delta. Dalat in the Central Highlands is also definitely a great spot. I lived for a few days in a Montegnard Village, near there, covering a Navy Sea Bee Civic Action Team.
I shot a motion picture segment of a bare breasted Montegnard woman operating a butter churn that was interesting but, was never included in the short film the Navy did of my footage. I wasn't surprised but, I still meet guys who remember that footage:rofl:
https://www.talkemount.com/threads/saigon-vietnam.19095/post-159359
These are from Saigon. Backpacking the major cities of the country was an amazing experience.
I would def. do it again.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom