1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hanging By A Thread

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Nov 12, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    In the woods before first light this morning, and as the light level started coming up this leaf seemed suspended in mid-air:
    ISO100 and 1/50 in the woods early morning light...tried to see if I could pull it off without the noise of using ISO400.....almost.

"Hanging By A Thread"

• Like Like x 9
  2. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    You guys are too kind...I know its not razor sharp and so do you, LOL.
    I was sitting in a chair inside a little wildlife blind trying to use my knees with the monopod to make it act like a tripod but couldn't quite get it rock solid...could see the image pulsing with my heartbeat.
    And...it's never really apparent just how much a hanging leaf moves in soft air currents until it's dialed in with a telephoto lens...then it's REAL obvious.
    Anyhow, I never cease to be amazed by the IQ of that relatively slow, Canon FDn 70-150 / 4.5 zoom lens...

3. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Without the crop, we'll be all thinking "How the heck he managed to capture that leaf at 1/50!"

Great picture!

4. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Well, thanks...just out enjoying this hobby...nobody will ever confuse me with a real photographer but I'm having a good time learning my way along.