Handy for adapted lenses

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
My first digital camera in the mid to late 1990's was an Olympus which had the ability to record a brief audio message attached to the still images it recorded.

I could record information pertaining to an image and save that with the image. Handy for identifying subjects and places, etc....

However now, the audio snippet would really be of great use when I am shooting with Legacy lenses. These lenses do not submit any information to the camera but, with an audio snippet, I could record what lens I used as well as the f/stop used.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Regular
I had a "superzoom" that could do that. I used it occasionally for recording the birdsong that went with the bird pic.

addieleman

Passionate amateur
Real Name
Ad Dieleman
My first digital camera in the mid to late 1990's was an Olympus which had the ability to record a brief audio message attached to the still images it recorded.

I could record information pertaining to an image and save that with the image. Handy for identifying subjects and places, etc....

However now, the audio snippet would really be of great use when I am shooting with Legacy lenses. These lenses do not submit any information to the camera but, with an audio snippet, I could record what lens I used as well as the f/stop used.
I heard the other day that the A9 Mark II can do that.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom