• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

'Hands On Review: Samsung NX200 & 85mm ƒ1.4'

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
I sure would like to see Sony release an 85mm f/1.4 or f/1.8 OSS lens for the NEX cameras. If Sony can keep the price under $600 then that's even better.

olli

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
olli
The Sony NEX roadmap promises a medium telephoto for 2012. This will presumably be an 85mm.

ryandigweed

TalkEmount Regular
I guess this is too expensive, and the photo quality is not as good as a NEX . Someone could go for a X100 or NEX-7 for a little more :)

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
The one and only reason I didn't go with the Samsung NX100 over the Sony NEX-3 was that the current batch of Samsung NX cameras actually suffer from MORE ISO noise than my Olympus E-PL1 and E-PL1s with their 4/3 sensors.

If I'm buying a camera with an APS-C sensor then I want the high ISO advantages of a good APS-C sensor. The first image samples from the new NX200 don't look horrible, but I'm not impressed with the first high ISO shots I've seen from this camera. I suspect the NEX-7 will do better at high ISO even though it's packing more pixels in the same space.

Yohan

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Yohan
Photozone assessed Samsung 85mm f1.4 as "highly recommended" in their review.

SAMSUNG NX200 BLACK W/18-55 II OIS LENS at Henry's goes for 499.99.

I'm a little surprised Samsung isn't doing better with their NX system.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
It's interesting that Samsung also adhered to the 16mm pancake lens spec which Sony initiated in their NEX line up.

Latest threads

Top Bottom