• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

'Hands On Review: Samsung NX200 & 85mm ƒ1.4'

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
I sure would like to see Sony release an 85mm f/1.4 or f/1.8 OSS lens for the NEX cameras. If Sony can keep the price under $600 then that's even better.

ryandigweed

TalkEmount Regular
I guess this is too expensive, and the photo quality is not as good as a NEX . Someone could go for a X100 or NEX-7 for a little more :)

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
The one and only reason I didn't go with the Samsung NX100 over the Sony NEX-3 was that the current batch of Samsung NX cameras actually suffer from MORE ISO noise than my Olympus E-PL1 and E-PL1s with their 4/3 sensors.

If I'm buying a camera with an APS-C sensor then I want the high ISO advantages of a good APS-C sensor. The first image samples from the new NX200 don't look horrible, but I'm not impressed with the first high ISO shots I've seen from this camera. I suspect the NEX-7 will do better at high ISO even though it's packing more pixels in the same space.

Latest threads

Top Bottom