1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hand-held Twilight portrait

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Bolampau, May 7, 2012.

1. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Folks,
    I was at a wedding on Saturday and tried to take photos in the very dim lights from the disco. Eventually, i tried Hand-held Twilight mode and was particularly impressed with the following photo of the Bride and Groom lit by candle-light:-

Portrait (1 of 1).

Details: NEX 7, Zeiss 24mm lens. ISO 6400, F2 @ 1/40th.

Comments ans criticisms welcome.

Cheers,
    Paul

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I'm very impressed too! :)

And I'm sure the happy couple will always treasure that fantastic shot forever! Composition is perfection... their leaning toward each other, the candle positions, the curved table edge, the flower - all working together beautifully. The natural lighting is sublime... facial expressions caught at the precise moment. Very very pleasing.

I hope there wasn't a pro wedding photographer assigned at the time. It's always hard to explain how come guests photos are better than theirs. Without HHT that grainless, naturally-lit, hand-held shot would've been impossible. Great lens btw!

Awesome, well done Paul!!

3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I like it very much. You captured their happiness with the atmosphere very well.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    That's a fine shot that the happy couple will cherish for some time I should htink. Well done!

5. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    awesome, well done mate, this is a good choice in low light, camera combines 6 shots at high sensitivy into 1 photo, with this combination reduce while the noise a lot.