Hand-held Twilight portrait

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Bolampau, May 7, 2012.

1. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Folks,
    I was at a wedding on Saturday and tried to take photos in the very dim lights from the disco. Eventually, i tried Hand-held Twilight mode and was particularly impressed with the following photo of the Bride and Groom lit by candle-light:-

Portrait (1 of 1).

Details: NEX 7, Zeiss 24mm lens. ISO 6400, F2 @ 1/40th.

Comments ans criticisms welcome.

Cheers,
    Paul

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I'm very impressed too! :) 

And I'm sure the happy couple will always treasure that fantastic shot forever! Composition is perfection... their leaning toward each other, the candle positions, the curved table edge, the flower - all working together beautifully. The natural lighting is sublime... facial expressions caught at the precise moment. Very very pleasing.

I hope there wasn't a pro wedding photographer assigned at the time. It's always hard to explain how come guests photos are better than theirs. Without HHT that grainless, naturally-lit, hand-held shot would've been impossible. Great lens btw!

Awesome, well done Paul!!

3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I like it very much. You captured their happiness with the atmosphere very well.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    That's a fine shot that the happy couple will cherish for some time I should htink. Well done!

5. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    awesome, well done mate, this is a good choice in low light, camera combines 6 shots at high sensitivy into 1 photo, with this combination reduce while the noise a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.