• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Habit Lens

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Ran into some sunflowers and whipped out camera. Amazing how large these lenses get, when adapted and stuck on body...and this was a lowly 1.4x50mm.

Last edited:

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Okay, I am back to only adapted Nikkors, with the 1.8 on camera...just dumped to clutter to use what I had from F days...all is good -- and simple -- and inexpensive.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
I have switched from the Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 kens to my 14mm f/2.8 Rokinon which I can use on both my A7iii and A6600; giving me an equivalent 21mm on my A6600 and native 14mm on my A7iii. Switching my favorite 28-75mm f/2.8 Tamron will give me a native 28-75mm on the full frame camera and an equivalent 42-112.5mm on the crop camera. Add a 70-350mm (105-525mm equivalent) for the crop camera and I have a two camera/three lens setup that will allow me to do just about any kind of photography.
I seldom use a macro lens since the 28-75mm has 1:2 capability. With a set of adapter rings - this equates to all the macro capability I ever need.
A couple of Godox TT350 hotshoe units will give me extra light for a travel setup.
Hopefully.since I go virtually nowhere these days, I might survive the COVID-19 until I get a vaccination. Due to my age and heart problems, I should be in the second (after healthcare workers and first responders) group to receive the vaccination... I am looking forward to shooting again...

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
My relationship with my Sony 24-105/4 is a love-hate situation.
I love the lens, and all that comes with its quality and ease of use.
I hate that I use the 24-105/4 about 85% of the time and I don't use the other lenses I own.
The 24-105/4 is a GADA lens for me. Go Anywhere; Do Anything.

Kmac76

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
My "habit" lens is definitely the 24-240, I am a bit of a clydesdale and don't mind the weight of the lens....my daughter is about to inherit my a6000 body, as soon as I decide on my upgrade (6600 or 7c - separate thread coming soon) - but I have started to make it a point to leave the lens quiver in the car or house so. I am forced to embrace some other lenses. The 90mm G oss is becoming a favorite and I used it exclusively for some surfing/wave photos about a month ago....

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Voigtlander 40mm in emount is my go to lens. It has a certain je ne sais quoi for me, as I can always get a decent image with it in almost any situation.

Unless you actually need autofocus. This is a fully manual lens.

There is no One Lens To Rule Them All. We all have different needs and preferences. That is not a bad thing.

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
My "habit" lens is definitely the 24-240, I am a bit of a clydesdale and don't mind the weight of the lens....my daughter is about to inherit my a6000 body, as soon as I decide on my upgrade (6600 or 7c - separate thread coming soon) - but I have started to make it a point to leave the lens quiver in the car or house so. I am forced to embrace some other lenses. The 90mm G oss is becoming a favorite and I used it exclusively for some surfing/wave photos about a month ago....

Ooh, interesting dilemma! I'd go for the A7C for full-frame benefits. Unless of course you have numerous APS-C lenses.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I wholeheartedly agree with Ted on the 24-105 lens. SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I took the plunge on it as it covers the wide end that I use a lot and the tele is just enough to get me there in most situations.
Oh, and did he say it was SHARP too?
It is tack sharp.

Good thing I have another camera body for all the other lenses I don't use on my A7iii.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Seems fairly general effect. One must choose and live with decision. Camera bods can be as addictive as lenses, but not as low cost, when one buys only adapter to use owned stuff. Kind-cart-horse thing...which most experience in some way.
Is there really a GADA combo? And, if so, does a person want it?
I go out, I have a main the e-mount, a p&S for quickies and maybe a something I just like, which in my case is the now ancient GX1-m43 and 1.7 widie...which is just there...meaning I know the emount can do what the GX can...so it comes down to me.- If that makes sense?
Ooh, interesting dilemma! I'd go for the A7C for full-frame benefits. Unless of course you have numerous APS-C lenses.
WNG, am awaiting the full frame A63-6500 rigs...Cagey Sony knows...
And, I just cannot use zooms. I never know what to do and usually end up close to 50 mm lens pics;.

But to each his or her own as BD noted above.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I think the A7C is likely as close as you are going to get to a full-frame A6xxx type of camera body.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Bdbits...I hope you are mistaken in prediction. Seems, to the little bod has always been perfect vehicle for slightly larger sensor...all lenses will cover it already.

At some point, I figure the larger humped bods will slow in the market and the As will ascend, so to speak, but might not...I have finally gotten used to my 6300 and might try a full auto lens for a change.

Got a deal 6300 and two autos, 18 months back (love the focus thingy) and only use with Nikkors...will see. Am ancient dude with eye for focusing not autos.

H.

Latest threads

Top Bottom