Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by peacefrog, Jan 13, 2013.

1. peacefrog

peacefrog New to TalkEmount

Jan 13, 2013
    US Gulf Coast
    Hello, all! My name is Peter. I have been involved in photography since the late 1960's when I purchased my first camera, a Nikkormat. In the mid-70's, I moved to medium format work and had my own darkroom. I worked mostly in B&W. I quickly embraced digital years ago and have owned various DSLRs, mostly Canon and Nikon, and a handful of P&S cams.

A couple of years ago, I purchased a NEX-3. Out of the box, that camera was DOA and I then convinced myself to just stick with my then Canon bodies and lenses forgetting about the NEX models. With the recent NEX-6, my interest was once again piqued and I recently purchased a NEX-6 and a couple of primes. Luckily, this NEX turned on and so far, so good. :D My main photographic interests are street photography, portraits, and landscapes.
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Peter, welcome to the forum and welcome back to the NEX. We look forward to seeing some of your work with the new camera. :)
  3. peacefrog

peacefrog New to TalkEmount

Jan 13, 2013
    US Gulf Coast
    Thank you.
  4. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    It's not Orange!
    Welcome peacefrog Pete! Enjoy the camera, I too look forward to seeing some of your work!
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Welcome to the Nex family ;)
  6. LuvMusic

LuvMusic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Chicago area
    Welcome to the community!
  7. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    hello Peter,I'm sure you will enjoy the forum and the site in general,good to see you here, I'm quite new to the forum myself but it seems decent enough,civil and not too materialistic
  8. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I don't know why, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw 'peacefrog' was Yoda, lol! :)

Welcome Peter, master Nikkor Jedi!