Greetings to Old and New Friends

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Biro, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Biro

Biro TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 21, 2012
    Hi there... at least some of you will recognize me as a long-time member of Amin's two other sites, mu-43.com and Serious Compacts. I've been a photo enthusiast since the mid 1970s. My first SLR, which I still own, was a Minolta SRT-200. 100% manual with only a battery for the built-in light meter. I got by with a single lens, the Rokkor-X 50mm f/2.0 - for many years. I moved into digital about ten years ago. I currently own a Pentax K-5 with about a dozen lenses including most of the DA Limited primes. I also run a micro four-thirds kit: A Panasonic G3, a Panasonic GX1 and an Olympus E-PM1 with three primes and four zooms. But it really has been my desire to augment my Pentax kit with a rangefinder-style camera with a built-in EVF. While the Sony NEX7 got my attention, it is the NEX6 that I am seriously considering. The new 18-55 compact kit zoom, the new 35mm f/1.8 prime and the availability of the inexpensive Sigma 19 and 30mm f/2.8 primes only help. So I'm joining this site to explore and learn.

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Eh eh, be careful what you wish for, if you start shooting a NEX, your other gear might start gathering dust ;)

3. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Happened to me.

Welcome Biro. It's a nice little community we have here.

4. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Me too, have a Fuji x10 that I've only used once since I got my 5n. Prolly putting it up for sale soon.

5. Biro

Biro TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 21, 2012
    That's usually the way it goes, isn't it? I fully understand if I take the plunge with the NEX6 and it works out after a few months, the micro four-thirds kit is likely to go. The Pentax kit is another matter. I have a lot more money tied up in it and I am unwilling as yet to give up my DA Limiteds.

6. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I have the 6 on order, eh eh... Wouldn't you be able to use your DA's on the NEX ?

7. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    welcome mate, good hope you can join the group and get the nex6 soon, is an addiction with manual lenses, since in my case I have the nex5n/nex7 usually so easy and interesting using some MF, it's my hobby and now want to increase, have been looking for some lenses on ebay ....

8. Biro

Biro TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 21, 2012
    I'm absolutely sure I could... and because of their size, they'd make a tidy package on the NEX body.

9. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)