• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Greetings to Old and New Friends

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
Hi there... at least some of you will recognize me as a long-time member of Amin's two other sites, mu-43.com and Serious Compacts. I've been a photo enthusiast since the mid 1970s. My first SLR, which I still own, was a Minolta SRT-200. 100% manual with only a battery for the built-in light meter. I got by with a single lens, the Rokkor-X 50mm f/2.0 - for many years. I moved into digital about ten years ago. I currently own a Pentax K-5 with about a dozen lenses including most of the DA Limited primes. I also run a micro four-thirds kit: A Panasonic G3, a Panasonic GX1 and an Olympus E-PM1 with three primes and four zooms. But it really has been my desire to augment my Pentax kit with a rangefinder-style camera with a built-in EVF. While the Sony NEX7 got my attention, it is the NEX6 that I am seriously considering. The new 18-55 compact kit zoom, the new 35mm f/1.8 prime and the availability of the inexpensive Sigma 19 and 30mm f/2.8 primes only help. So I'm joining this site to explore and learn.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Hi there... at least some of you will recognize me as a long-time member of Amin's two other sites, mu-43.com and Serious Compacts. I've been a photo enthusiast since the mid 1970s. My first SLR, which I still own, was a Minolta SRT-200. 100% manual with only a battery for the built-in light meter. I got by with a single lens, the Rokkor-X 50mm f/2.0 - for many years. I moved into digital about ten years ago. I currently own a Pentax K-5 with about a dozen lenses including most of the DA Limited primes. I also run a micro four-thirds kit: A Panasonic G3, a Panasonic GX1 and an Olympus E-PM1 with three primes and four zooms. But it really has been my desire to augment my Pentax kit with a rangefinder-style camera with a built-in EVF. While the Sony NEX7 got my attention, it is the NEX6 that I am seriously considering. The new 18-55 compact kit zoom, the new 35mm f/1.8 prime and the availability of the inexpensive Sigma 19 and 30mm f/2.8 primes only help. So I'm joining this site to explore and learn.

Eh eh, be careful what you wish for, if you start shooting a NEX, your other gear might start gathering dust ;)

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
Eh eh, be careful what you wish for, if you start shooting a NEX, your other gear might start gathering dust ;)

That's usually the way it goes, isn't it? I fully understand if I take the plunge with the NEX6 and it works out after a few months, the micro four-thirds kit is likely to go. The Pentax kit is another matter. I have a lot more money tied up in it and I am unwilling as yet to give up my DA Limiteds.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
That's usually the way it goes, isn't it? I fully understand if I take the plunge with the NEX6 and it works out after a few months, the micro four-thirds kit is likely to go. The Pentax kit is another matter. I have a lot more money tied up in it and I am unwilling as yet to give up my DA Limiteds.

I have the 6 on order, eh eh... Wouldn't you be able to use your DA's on the NEX ?

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
welcome mate, good hope you can join the group and get the nex6 soon, is an addiction with manual lenses, since in my case I have the nex5n/nex7 usually so easy and interesting using some MF, it's my hobby and now want to increase, have been looking for some lenses on ebay ....

Latest posts

Top Bottom