1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings..im a long time lurker

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by lifeinphotos, Jan 16, 2013.

1. lifeinphotos

lifeinphotos TalkEmount Regular

Jan 16, 2013
    I have been lurking in this forum for a few weeks now. I am not a Nex owner yet but i plan to be. Ive even started collecting legacy lenses :D .
    I started out thinking the 5R then the 6 and now the 7, It will come down to money, but i know from looking at all your great photos that i cant go wrong with whatever i choose.
    I just wanted to come say hello and thank you all, ive learned so much from you guys already. My name is Dave and im from the UK and i look forward to sharing with you my photos in the future.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hi Dave, welcome to the forum and great decision to join the NEX ranks. :)

3. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome to the forum Dave.

4. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    good decision, come on, get a nex soon is possible

5. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Greetings and welcome, Dave! I'm sure you'll enjoy which ever NEX you end up with... :)

6. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Hello and welcome Dave. We're not too far apart, I'm on the good ole' continent (in France). Welcome to the NEX. This is an awesome community, whatever you chose to shoot with. I personally went 5N, 6, then 7. Contemplating other mirrorless solutions but they'll have to kick me out of here with a 2x2 ;)

7. lifeinphotos

Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks guys, I can see what a great community it is here I've learned plenty already. I have bought a couple of Minolta 50mm lenses already in preparation for getting a NEX.

8. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Oh oh, seems you're following my tracks... At some point I think I had something like 8 different 50ish MF lenses in my drawer (not to mention the other focal lengths). Time usually cures it though, but you'll have to experiment with as many as you wish to finally be at peace ;)

9. lifeinphotos

Jan 16, 2013
    Well I saw them on eBay and they were cheap, I picked up the MD 1.4 and 1.7 for £50 for the pair. I think with them being that cheap you can experiment with them and you will finally find one your happy with, rather like you're self.

10. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Wow, that's a bargain price!!! I mean £50 for the MD 50 1.7 is normal but for the f/1.4 that's very cheap (its usually an expensive lens from what I've seen). They don't have fungus or any other problem(s), right?

11. lifeinphotos

Jan 16, 2013
    Not that i can see they both look in great condition, now i just need a NEX to try them on :D

12. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Some folks are clueless about lens price. I also got the same two Rokkors bundled, in great condition pretty cheap. That's how Nick was able to get his beautiful 1.7 at a fair price ;)

13. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Hello and welcome Dave.

14. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Well, in that case, it really sounds like a very good deal ;)

Oh, and how rude of me - I forgot to welcome you, so welcome on board :D