Greetings from Thailand

Michael J.

TalkEmount Regular
Hello all Members,

I found this Forum from not by accident but @TedG954 introduced it to me. He also was a very big help that I ordered a Sony a6300, which will arrive on Friday. Hopefully a Sony 50mm 1.8 and a Sony 35mm 1.8 will come together.

@Amin Sabet knows me, not in person but through his other sites m4/3 and Nikoncafe.

I went from a Nikon D80, D90, D5100 and D7000 (which I sold all)over to Olympus EM10 mark2 for almost 3 years. Last November I went back to a Nikon D72000 which I sold it yesterday.

Again Thanks to @TedG954 and Thanks to @Amin Sabet to let me use his forum.

Just a bit about myself. I live in Thailand for almost 26 years, married for 17 years to an amazing wife and a wonderful11 years young daughter. My hobby beside photography is cooking. Music is something I listen when I pp my photos. It helps me getting inspired with my soul and helps me seeing the RAW files as I was seeing the subject in the mood I captured it.

But I am far from perfect or Pro, but I love photography with all my heart. I like to share my "World around me" with others.

No I have to wait of my Sony q6300 and I will use the time looking through the threads and enjoying (yes I know I will, your great images. I am 100% positive that I can learn a lot from you all.

Michael

Michael J.

TalkEmount Regular
I just ordered two batteries and a dual charger.

Now I reading and watching tutorials.
I am absolutely a newbie about Sony menu.

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
Welcome. I look forward to seeing some of the images you create. This is a very good place to ask and learn and share.

jeffh942

TalkEmount Regular
Welcome Michael. Its good to see you posting on here, hope you and the family are well. Regards
Jeff

Michael J.

TalkEmount Regular
Charger and batteries are here

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Waiting for my Sony with the 16-50 kit lens and the Sony 50mm 1.8. Should be here around 18.00

I think after a period of learning curve I know which lenses I need (want).

Youtube helps me getting the menu using faster.

Now I am looking for tutorials getting the camera set

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Welcome aboard Michael! Wow, you're in the right place for both! (love to cook too!) The food, spices, and the scenery. Thailand is on my bucket list.
Your initial shots with the Sony already look great. Have fun with it, it's a very capable platform.

You've done the right thing to immediately get 2 extra batteries and a dual charger. 3 batteries should be sufficient for a day's worth of shooting in such a tropical climate. I need to have 6 on me to get through a sub-freezing shoot. I have the same dual charger, marketed under a different brand. I can say its a good charger, compatible with all the third-party brands of W50 batteries I have. It's a fast charger, but be sure to supply it with 2.4A output adapter to get the most performance out of it.

Other accessories I'd recommend for the a6300, a generic Sony compatible IR remote shutter release, and an aftermarket L-bracket. Both can be found on ebay for cheap. There are dedicated a6300 spec L-brackets that will fit the contours of the camera body. If you use Arca-Swiss compatible tripods, it's super convenient for shooting landscapes. Also enhances the grip of the camera. And offers some 'bump' protection.

Oh, and a rear LCD panel protector is recommended!

Michael J.

TalkEmount Regular
@WNG, Thank you so much for your recommendations. IR Remote is on Top of my list, followed by L-bracket. I think I will get 2 more Batteries just in case.

LCD Prodection is on already.

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
For settings, I find that once I customize the buttons, put my most-used options on the Fn menu, and save some memory setups (I think you have 2), I rarely go into the menus.

I think Mark Galer usually does a pretty good job walking through settings on a camera body. Here is his for the 6300.

A6300 - Custom Settings - Mark Galer

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
@WNG, Thank you so much for your recommendations. IR Remote is on Top of my list, followed by L-bracket. I think I will get 2 more Batteries just in case.

LCD Prodection is on already.
It took me a long time to get around to using it, but one of the cheapest things I've purchased recently that I just never leave the house without, is a reflector. I got one of those 4 way, foldup into a disc types. it's amazing, has two reflectors, one gold one silver, and then a dark and white screen for shadows and highlights. it's amazing

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom