Greetings from Poland

JMM

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
John
Hello!
Im biosciences PhD student, with my main speciality in optical miscroscopy.
Some time ago i picked one a6000 for personal use on my Nikon Microphot and another one for use on Olympus BX university microscopes. IMO it's still the best camera you can adapt and use on microscope (maybe a6300 got a slight edge now), and it's really cheap!
Now my interest toward photography (mostly nature, maybe some landscape) is steady growing and im hoping to get lots of valuable info on this forum. I've already encountered few obstacles, mostly in accesible lens selection for E-Mount, so you can expect a topic or two with newbie questions really soon!

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Hi John, and Welcome!
Looking forward to seeing some cool microscope pics from your a6000.

JMM

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
John
Thanks for the nice welcome. Unfortunately scientific images im not allowed to share (and they aint exciting at all :) ) and i lost most of "interesting" shots along with my old HDD (yeah... i started to backup now :) ) so here are few newer, but not so spectacular.
Brightfield panorama focus-stack with 10x/0,30 lens of flea:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DIC image of protozooa focus-stack (live! trust me - thats tough to pull) Vorticella sp. taken with 40x/0,70

Brightfield image of stained cambium and wood tissue with taken with 20x/0.5

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Awesome photos, John. We've had plenty of dog and cat photos here, but I can't remember seeing a flea photo before now. Congratulations! You've just become this forum's optical microscopy expert. :laugh:

JMM

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
John
Thanks! If you like fleas i got also others! Water flea (those aint sucking blood :) ) in darkfield and DIC techniques:
Female with embrios under armor

Armor DIC

Whole image

P.S: i know its faux pas, but i had to sign those shots. Normaly i never do that.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom