• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Greetings from Arkansas!

cdmicha

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Chris
Hey all, just wanted to say "hi!" I finally made the plunge to FF mirrorless (Sony A7iii), and am really enjoying it so far. I'm new to the forum, although I previously shot micro four thirds for over 8 years, and have been actively using the mu-43 forums. I finally decided to "downsize" my kit to one body and just a handful of lenses, and thought this would be a great place to check out.

I'm mainly a portrait photographer, but really enjoy dabbling in whatever I can. Photography is just a really fun hobby for me, and I'm just fine keeping it that way (90% of my images are of my kids). I look forward to checking out everything over here, and hope to add to the discussion!

cdmicha

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Chris
If you wonder where to start, I think the most popular thread might be "pic a day", and there is a forum for portraits here. We even have a thread for pics from non-emount cameras.

We're a pretty relaxed group. I think that is why many of us like it here. Hope you enjoy it, too.

Glad to have you aboard.

:Welcome:
Thanks so much! I've found the portrait forum, and certainly like the relaxed group part :)

The pic a day sounds good- I'm guessing you take the image and post it same day? Or just post a picture everyday?

I really appreciate what @Amin Sabet has done to create these forums, and was happy to join this one!

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
The relaxed part means we are pretty loose on what constitutes "pic a day". :cool:
I think in most cases people are just posting an image (or a few but normally just one post) they wanted to share for the day. You do not have to do it every day or anything like that. At least that is how I see it.

Other forums have postings, too, of course. I think everything shows up under Recent Posts up on top of the page (hope so or I've been missing stuff, lol).

I think most of us are thankful for Amin's efforts.

Thanks so much! I've found the portrait forum, and certainly like the relaxed group part :)

The pic a day sounds good- I'm guessing you take the image and post it same day? Or just post a picture everyday?

I really appreciate what @Amin Sabet has done to create these forums, and was happy to join this one!

SpecFoto

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
Welcome Chris. I shoot both MU-43 since 2012 and Sony with the A7III for the last 2 years. Just upgraded to the A7RIII. Mostly I am a portrait guy and use primes, what lenses did you get?

Far as this forum, it is a LOT slower moving than Amin's MU-43 one with regards to postings. The Mods though do a great job here and are involved in a lot of the threads as shooters.

Last edited:

cdmicha

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for all the kind welcomes. I'm really impressed by the photography that's going on here! I'm excited to add my own thoughts, especially with some of the lenses I've picked up (it seems like they are a little under represented in the native lens showcase).

@SpecFoto Right now, I'm shooting with the Tamron 28-200, and also picked up the Rokinon 45 1.8 and 75 1.8. Nothing super fancy, but they've worked well for me so far. I've got no real reason to get anything else, but I'm eyeing the Tamron 17-28, and possibly the Sigma 100-400 or using the MC-11 and the Sigma 150-600.

@WNG Your legacy lens sample image collection is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I'm so thankful I found that link in the adapted lens thread!!

SpecFoto

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
@SpecFoto Right now, I'm shooting with the Tamron 28-200, and also picked up the Rokinon 45 1.8 and 75 1.8. Nothing super fancy, but they've worked well for me so far. I've got no real reason to get anything else, but I'm eyeing the Tamron 17-28, and possibly the Sigma 100-400 or using the MC-11 and the Sigma 150-600.
The 45 and 75 f1.8 will be just fine for portraits, fast enough to allow for later in the day shooting or selective DOF when wanted. I have the Tamron 17-28 and though it has not been used much, it is a very good lens. Here is a post of mine from the showcase thread:

Latest posts

Top Bottom