Granville Island, Vancouver BC

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by bbob, Dec 4, 2011.

1. bbob

bbob TalkEmount Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    wet coast canada
    I recently received my NEX adapters and was waiting for the weekend to try them out. With DST it is dark both ways on my commute to work and I was lucky that the rains stopped. No matter that it was a grey day but I had a lens in each pocket and you may be interested in the results . I had breakfast in Kitsilano (district of Vancouver) and walked over the Granville Street bridge northbound towards the downtown business district . All photos using the NEX-5n

[​IMG]
    16mm pancake: 80 s f 6.3 iso: 100

[​IMG]
    Voightlander 21mm F4 LTM: 125 s f 4.0 (wide open) iso: 100

[​IMG]
    Voightlander 21mm F4 LTM: 80 s f 8.0 iso: 100

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked to a slightly different perspective and give you this first shot as a reference to the next shot. Pay attention to the yellow building

[​IMG]
    Voightlander 21mm F4 LTM: 160 s f 8.0 iso: 100

[​IMG]
    Nikkor Ai 105mm 2.5 F mount: 500 s F 2.5 (wide open) iso: 100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    Sony SEL1855: @ 18mm 80 s f 8.0 iso: 100

[​IMG]
    Sony SEL1855: @ 35mm 80s f 8.0 iso: 100

[​IMG]
    Sony SEL 1628: 200 s f 5.0 iso: 100

[​IMG]
    Sony SEL1855: @ 55mm 125 s f 5.6 iso: 100

I tried to give you a feeling for the lenses taken wide open & about half stopped down. I found that the 18-55 kit lens is much better than I had thought and never used it until today. The 16mm pancake is a bit soft.

bob

edit: * * * * to add behind the scene video, using NEX-5n, 18-55 kit lens

[video=youtube_share;70BfkaBboQU]http://youtu.be/70BfkaBboQU[/video]

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Thanks for the samples! I've found that the 18-55 and 16 are both better than I was expecting based on reviews.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    This looks like a perfect place to do some architechtural and street photography

4. jfazer

jfazer TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for the samples! I have the 18-55, and I'm looking for a 16mm (used and cheap...). I have an adapter for my canon lenses... I like this camera (the NEX...) more each day...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.