Got my A7rIII today!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by mattia, Nov 30, 2017.

1. mattia

mattia TalkEmount Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    ....and now the wait begins. Battery is charging, I'm browsing the manual, but won't really get to play with it properly until Sunday (long shifts at work...)

I bought the A7r when it came out (and considering what it is worth in the well-used but fully functional condition it is in, I'll kee it for Astro and adapted glass), with the 55/1.8 (love it) and 35/2.8 (unexciting, sadly), later adding the CV Nokton 35/1.2 II (love it) and the 16-35/4.0 (also lovely). Picked up a decently priced Sony 85/1.8 last week during Black Friday sales too, to round out the set a little. Which focuses fine in bright light in the mark I, but hunts uselessly in not-so-terribly-dim indoor lighting.

I very briefly played with the mark III (with its empty battery), and very very first impressions were this:

1. Comfortable! Slightly larger, not in a bad way. I'm one of the weirdos who did not mind the mark I bodies, though. Dials and buttons feel better thought out overall.

2. FAST! Startup, responsiveness, bursts, AF in even poor light (worlds apart from the mark I)

3. Gorgeous EVF!

Most curious to see how the FE 55 performs in lower light (in terms of AF). Will pr Badly spend Sundayenu diving and fiddling with customization to get things where I want them to be.

Will post updated thoughts and some sample shots as time permits!

• Like Like x 9
    • Wow Wow x 2