Goodbye, NEX-5! (+ concert shots from last night)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Poki, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    My dear old friend,

I know we had a great time. It was back then in 2010, now almost three and a half years ago, when we first met, and it was love at first sight. I could never imagine living without you during all this time. In how many countries have we been? In how many dangerous situations did I have to protect you? How many wonderful nights did we wander around exploring parts of our homeland nobody before us has ever seen?

But you know, there's your bigger sister. The one I looked at with envy lately. It's not only because she's bigger, she also got more tricks to impress, more pixels to peep, more dials to touch. And on top of that, there's this hole with which I can look into another world?

I just wanted to let you know it's not because of you. Your images impressed every single time and you never let me down, not even back then in the middle of the ocean. It's because of me. I never can get enough. It's probably an illness. Did you ever hear of GAS? No no, I don't try to blame something else. I'm an idiot.

I wrote this while listening to the song All Star. And it was all for you. You always will be my all star. You taught me everything I know today, you made me the person I am today. Thank you for all the time, the fun, the adventures. And thank you for last night. What a great night to end such a relationship. I know you'll always keep the memories. So here you get some from last night too. Might our hearts beat the same stroke forever.

Thank you.

11027533724_d628370f59_c.

• Like Like x 9
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    After reading this thread, I would forgive you if I were your Nex-5 :D

Nice pics too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice poem.

You did not mention what you are upgrading to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    To a NEX-7. Got a new one for €600, so I couldn't resist.

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Not bad at all.

6. Hawon

Hawon TalkEmount Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Hawon
    Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Congrats Poki. I am also hesitating in getting a 7 to somehow upgrade my 5n. Give us some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app

8. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I'll probably get it tomorrow. Will give you all feedback on how I'm liking it (in my main genre of course, because obviously I'm not very good at most other things ;)). I'm curious myself which aspects of the 7 are actually most important to me while shooting compared to my 5.

9. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    BTW do you keep the 5 ?

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de TalkEmount

10. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yep, I keep it as a backup camera and for these occasions when I don't want to bring my biggish, expensive gear - will make a nice almost-pocketable camera with the 16mm pancake. An old NEX-5 wouldn't sell for a good price anyway.

11. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    In the US probably true
    I sold mine (Europe) for 200euro which I think is a good price