Goodbye and all the best

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pbizarro, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbizarro

pbizarro Guest

Folks, due to disagreement with a fellow member and the Moderator, I have asked my account to be deleted, as I do wish to continue to participate here anymore. I am sorry to leave, but life is to short to worry about this sort of stuff.

I just wish to thank everybody for all the nice exchange and some good photography discussion and image sharing.

All the best to everyone.

• Sad Sad x 5
  2. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Sorry to hear that. I think it should be possible to settle disagreements in a civil manner without these measures.
    All the best to you and yours

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Oh, I must have missed that. I shall miss your lovely pictures. If you're feeling bad why not just take a break for a few months and return later? I agree, life's far too short to get embroiled in this kind of disagreement!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I guess your discomfort comes from this post. I'd say, just ignore it, fortunately uncivil responses are very rare here, don't let one harsh reaction to your input chase you away. But if you still decide to leave, I respect your decision and wish you all the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    It will be a shame to see you go, I think you should take a day or 2 to consider, you are a valuable contributor here and I like you posts.

6. JMM

JMM TalkEmount Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    John
    Do you really rage quit after being called a "fool" at internet forum? :biggrin:
    If i could, i would play a song :boohoo:

Why so serious?

7. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Regular

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
    As admin on a number of forums I always dislike having issues between members that result in one or both leaving. Like you said, life is too short to allow discontentment to deter your passion and/or hobby. I wish you the best! Perhaps you will reconsider and return some day.

8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    If that was the thread and exchange to cause this decision to depart, then it's even sadder than I imagined. Don't take it wrongly, but as the old saying goes, it takes two to tango. If you declare a polarizing opinion, not everyone will agree. To be quite objective, the exchange from both sides were both at parity. If you're going to say that kid is ugly, expect a response from the disgruntled parent. ;)

I personally assumed it was over intellectual property issues possibly due to the copying and resizing of our photos for this site.

I would say let's just agree to disagree.

Aside:
    The dilemma of large professional looking cameras is a real matter. Not only attracting potential thieves in certain situations and locations, but also the authorities. Sometimes, park rangers and police in National Parks approach and question you because of your 'professional gear'. They ask if you have the proper permits to photograph there. They just assume you're a commercial photographer.

But the theft situation is reality. It can happen anywhere, all it takes is running into the wrong individual(s). If you've ever been mugged or robbed, you'll understand.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    That's how I saw it. Paulo disagreed. Sorry to see him go over what seems to be a minor disagreement. Hope he will reconsider. If not, we can at least agree that

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.