1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Good-bye for now, whishing you all well

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by nianys, Mar 3, 2013.

1. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    My friends

following Dixeyk's (my mentor in NEX related affairs, lens provider and friend) departure, I don't feel I'll have much to bring to the community anymore.
    The board has been remarkably friendly and positive and needs to remain so, and I've felt some on my input has not contributed to this, so you guys are probably better of without me.
    I've met terrific folks here, talented photographers, experienced or budding, and just plain great human beings.
    Anyone wishing to stay in touch is very welcome to do so, just use my blog (link in my signature).

c83d615acd2d329b256dfaaabb3df64f_c12.

Keep up the good works pals, photography is a great hobby meant to bring like minded folks together ;-)

2. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    Oh!...I think that's a real pity!

Websites and especially fora are only as good/interesting as the regulars who inhabit them and there is no doubt that you have been one of the 'corner stones' of this site in recent months.

I DO HOPE YOU WILL RECONSIDER!!

Also, you have contributed to the site more than anyone else,...and NO, you have not been a discordant influence in any way if that's what is bugging you!

The only thing 'wrong' with you is that you WILL mess about with 'designercams' rather than getting properly stuck into using the NEX,.....If I want to read about consumer gadgettes there are plenty and better other sites on the web.

.....PLEASE DON'T GO!

3. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Claire!?!?!?
    What are you doing??? :cry:
    You've been part of this community when I got here and if you want to stay it like it was, you have to stay cause you're an IMPORTANT PART of it!!!
    :cry: :(

4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Claire, I hate to see you go. All the best wherever you end up.

5. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    have fun

6. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Crap!

....and your blog is blocked in China!

I hate that some spat from the sister forums spilled into here and now we lose one of our most important members, and right on the heels of losing Kevin too. (albeit for better reasons)

I didn't even understand what was going on because I don't visit those forums, but whatever it was, it wasn't here Claire and that hasn't changed.

We need you Claire.

Don't go!

7. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    It's a shame to see you go especially with the number of people who value your contributions, however at the end of the day, you've gotta do what you believe is right by you. All the best with your future endeavors.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    You have added a lot here? Hate to see you go.

I too don't care about other forums and have found this one to be one of the most friendly and open.

9. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Ah man... I do hope you'll reconsider, Claire. Like Colin, I have no idea what happened in the other forum, nor any interest at all in finding out. So your contributions to this forum are as valuable to me as they have ever been. Hell, I surround myself with friends who have strongly held opinions out in the "real" world too. And I'll take a plate of huevos con chorizo over oatmeal for breakfast any day!

10. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Sorry to see you go.

11. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Sorry to see you go Claire, but please check in occasionally so we know you're still kickin'! :)

Fair winds and following seas.

12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    So here's what I've learned...
    Emotion icon use is heavily encouraged for forum dialogues. Why? Because over 50% of human conversation is non-verbal.

I firmly believe that a lot forum issues would have never occurred had all the individuals been sitting down at a cafe talking over coffee and tea :)

As for myself, I use emotion icons quite a bit and spacing to try and emphasize pauses in conversation.

So back on topic, sometimes we all need a strategic pause in life to asses things. :)

13. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    WTF Claire??? :confused:

I agree with what everyone else said - whatever happened in that other forum don't matter...
    You are a great person, a very active member that contributes a lot, always kind and willing to help and your posts have been inspirational.
    You are also one of the people I consider "friends" here (even if I'll probably never meet you in person).

Please don't go :( - As a matter of fact you can't go 'cause then it wouldn't be fair for the new members here that will never get to know who that wonderful person called Claire is....

Please reconsider - this place will never be the same without you (and Kevin)...

14. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    If you must, leave the other forum but don't let the drama there spill over to here causing you to feel you need to leave this place.

15. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    You guys are wonderfully kind and heartwarming. I'd hate to part with you for good, so let's turn my resolve into an undefined temporary withdraw. I'll follow your posts and will likely drop back later on. Until then, keep them NEX smokin' ;-)