Good adapter for Nikon F > NEX (with aperture ring)?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by radimere, Apr 9, 2013.

1. radimere

radimere TalkEmount Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    I've been meaning to adapt my Nikkors for a while now, but I've found the Novoflex adapter and the MFT adapter to be too expensive (the MFT obscenely so at $480!). Can anyone recommend any good options with aperture control rings? Thanks!
  2. LightCentric

LightCentric TalkEmount Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    Saginaw, MI
    Andy Richards
    I bought the Rayqual adapter at cameraquest and it seems to work fine
  3. radimere

radimere TalkEmount Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    Thanks Andy. Is the plastic mount on the camera end sturdy enough for repeated remounts? I also noticed that the Rayqual is only $20 cheaper than the all-metal Novoflex. Barring alternatives it seems to be the only quality option with a metal mount and aperture control.
  4. loonsailor

loonsailor TalkEmount Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    Berkeley, CA, USA
    I got the Fotga adapter from Amazon for just under $15 Fotga Nikon G to Sony NEX-5N NEX-C3 NEX-VG10 NEX3 E-Mount Adapter Ring: Camera & Photo, but it seems to be no longer available from there. Maybe it's available from an e-bay seller. It works fine. If, like me, you have a g-mount lens with no aperture ring of its own, stopping down is definitely a matter of approximation, but I think thats true on all the adapters. If you have an older lens with it's own aperture ring it's not an issue. The stop-down mechanism is pretty tight, but otherwise the adapter fits fine and I have no other complaints. A bit of machine oil would probably fix the stop-down tightness, but I haven't had the courage to squirt oil in something that will hold my lenses, though I'm sure that it would be fine if done carefully.