Going out in a blaze of glory

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Sep 25, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I had a hunch tonight's sky was going to be spectacular, so I went back to my favorite sunset spot, this time with the Promaster Spectrum 7 19-35mm. I was hoping the hay bales would still be there, and they were. I really need to pull this lens out more often, as it is excellent for wide landscapes. These pics were taken about 20 minutes apart. I used only the lightest PP to bring out the colors in the RAW files; they sky really was that amazing.

I also found - within a minute of beginning my search - the lens cap I lost last night, and to cap off the night, a tiny Praying Mantis landed on me as I was sitting on a hay bale watching the sunset fade. It was too dark to get a pic of it without a flash, and when I pulled out my flashlight, it spooked and flew off. Still, that was pretty cool.

Tony

DSC07594v01_zpsd17998cf.jpg

DSC07623v01_zps0a05861c.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Very nice Tony.

3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks Jim.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.