1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Godox V860IIS vs Flashpoint Zoom Li-on R2 question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by briloop, Jul 16, 2016.

1. briloop

briloop New to TalkEmount

Jun 7, 2016
    Tennessee
    I'm no expert on lighting, so here goes:

I ordered the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on R2 and the corresponding transmitter from Adorama a few days ago. It comes with no other accessories. Adorama says both items are on backorder (translation: who knows when I'll get it). Total order price for both items (free shipping, no tax): approx. $200. Shipping time unknown, maybe 5-7 days.

I just became aware of the Godox V860IIS and its transmitter currently on Amazon. It comes with other accessories, like gloves and some gel filters. Both items are in stock and ready to ship. Total order price (free shipping, plus tax, maybe $22.00): approx. $271. Shipping time 2 days.

Both flashes TTL with Sony and have HSS.

Amazon says the Godox has a GN of 60. Amazon says the Flashpoint has a GN of 127ft / 34m @ISO 100 200mm zoom); there is no specific GN number.

The Godox would cost approx. $71 more.

If you were me, would you cancel the Flashpoint and get the Godox? Or is there something about the Flashpoint unit that makes it better than the Godox, and I should keep my existing order?

Thanks

2. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    That flashpoint looks alot like an earlier godox model. I think flashpoint is Godox:hmmm:

3. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    The R2 and the V860II are the same flash with different branding. So if you want it fast the V860 might be the way to go. That said the Flashpoint is supported by Adorama and is usually more expensive. If it was me and I *could* wait, I'd get the R2 just for the warranty. That it's cheaper is a bonus.

• Informative Informative x 1