Godox TT685 Question

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by Andy Clement, May 16, 2018.

1. Andy Clement

Andy Clement TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2018
    I've got a Godox TT685O flash. It's for the olympus micro 4/3 system.

Since I've sold all my olympus equipment but still have this flash, do you think the Godox X1T-S sony wireless trigger would work with the Olympus version flash for high speed sync?

I'm thinking that whatever wireless protocol Godex uses between the flash and the trigger is the same across all styles of TT685 flashes. With that said, when the X1S asks the flash to do high speed sync, then it should do high speed sync.

Right? I really don't want to have to sell the 680O if I don't have too or am I just being unreasonable.

2. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    It is my understanding that all of the Godox/Flashpoint flashes in the X1/R2 system will operate just fine as wireless off-camera slaves to an X1T or R2 master transmitter on a camera body regardless of which brand body/shoe they were built to attach to. So an X1T-S transmitter should fire a TT685O unit just fine, including for HSS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Andy Clement

Andy Clement TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Thank you. I may just have to get the transmitter at some point.

4. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Having added fuji to the arsenal all I did was getting a X-pro F trigger which work flawlessly with the 2 TT685-S and the AD360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.