1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Glade Creek

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Feb 10, 2019.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Glade Creek is one of the wilder tributaries of southern WV's New River. Tumbling down the slopes of the New River Gorge, it is both swift and deep. The larger blue-green pool in photo #1 has a rope hidden behind the rocks on the right that people use to swing out over the falls and drop into the water. Craziness! A popular trout fishing stream, it also hosts the occasional whitewater kayaker. Craziness, I say!

The Glade Creek Trail follows 7 miles of the stream. I decided to bike it yesterday, and discovered early on that I had a slow leak in my rear tire that got quicker as the day progressed. Even with my numerous stops to take photos, it was hard to maintain any momentum when I had to keep reinflating the tire. I finally gave up and mostly pushed the bike the last few miles back to the car. Still, it was a cold, beautiful day. I have never been able to time a visit to the trail when the Azaleas and Rhododendron were blooming - maybe this year. A7II + Konica AR 28/3.5.

DSC00097S2.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00115S2.jpg

DSC00130S2.JPG

DSC00131S2.JPG

DSC00143S2.JPG

DSC00146S2.jpg

DSC00160S2.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Regular

Sep 14, 2018
    Beautiful area. I'd love to be there with a fly rod.

3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    It is very beautiful, stocked, and fished regularly. I saw I think 8 fishermen in a 7 mile stretch, but I didn't see anyone with a fish. One guy did have a fly rod.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.