Girl on the train

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by metalmania, Dec 5, 2017.

1. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Well, strictly speaking, this is not a real train but a set inside the PriveRevaux store on 42nd St. Very friendly environment there! I didn't bring my strobe with me, just the A7Rii and the Sigma 35 ART on MB IV.

p8yuUNF.

mmeD4t8.

• Like Like x 18
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Haha! I was having flashbacks....that's how the trains were when I rode them in the 70s! :D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    For me the more recent scenes go to Michael Jackson's music video "Bad".

• Like Like x 1
  4. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Regular

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
  5. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    Each Sunday this month NYC MTA has a nostalgia train running on the F line for no more than the cost of a regular subway ride (I'm guessing these are "sterilized" cars that won't have the lovely graffiti). Also nostalgia busses on 42nd street on weekdays (good weather only).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    That's so awesome. I am from NY (now living in Miami) and grew up there in 80s and again in the early 2000's. I miss the old NYC. We go up often to visit my family. I hope they will still be running when I go back!

I really love the first pic. Perfect set for quick photo op!

• Like Like x 1
  7. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    For me it was the '60s. Public school students would get a bus pass that was good for the subways so lots of sport riding. The squealing of the brakes back then was so loud it was painful. I used to love riding between the train cars, but drew the line at subway surfing (riding the top of the cars where the lines are above ground).