Girl in the subway (candid, street)

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by vmwelt, Mar 18, 2015.

1. vmwelt

vmwelt TalkEmount Regular

Mar 10, 2015
    New York - St. Petersburg - Shanghai
    Vlad Meytin
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
  2. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
  3. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    try to show more of the whites at both sides of the eye that looks more natural and less "freaky"
  4. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

Although the double lights above are appealing I would rather have cropped out the other woman's hair. Pretty girl!
  5. Catcher005

Catcher005 New to TalkEmount

Mar 24, 2015
    wow what a great image! Love it love it! I like girl's eyes, her look, very interesting moment - this is what street photography is all about! of course everyone is entitled to his opinion and I am sure the most expensive or "great" work would not be left without comments that this or that had to be done to the photograph to improve it :) As for me this shot looks like candid shot in a subway so there is nothing really needs to be taken out, sometimes I take such pictures as well and the pix so interesting that some imperfections of them just a small downside and not that important. It's not a session in a perfect studio, c'mon ) I think people want to see the interior as well, it's not only about a girl, but to capture that her interesting look and where she is now (subway, people around - what is she looking at?), so the lights, people around her - everything is just interesting. Cropping or whatver "proper" work to the photograph would just ruin it, imho.