1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Geotag,gps app for A7R2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sam, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sam

sam TalkEmount Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Ontario
    sam_men
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but a search didn't bring up anything useful.
    I'm looking for an app that can be installed on the camera that would be able to get gps coordinates from my phone, in this case my old Apple 4s, or Samsung Galaxy series or new Google phone. In reality, my 4s would fit the bill and in my camera bag.
    Sorry, not getting a new A7r3 or A9.

Thanks,

2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    The only method I am aware of is to put an app on the smartphone. It keeps track of your coordinates, then when you get on the computer an app stamps the photos with the saved coordinates based coordinates at the time the photo was taken.

They say it works pretty well, and there is a plugin for LR or Photoshop (can't remember which) if you happen to use those.

3. sam

sam TalkEmount Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Ontario
    sam_men
    Thanks.

What I really am looking for is an app to install in the camera that talks to the phone, and can get the coordinates and embed them into exif file.
    I work around computers all day, and prefer not to have to do more computer time at home. Wife and kids keep me busy.
    I prefer the do it right in the camera, so I don't have to spend much time in PP, some massaging of images but not a lot behind the keyboard and mouse. I've read of a few ways to get the info in, while PP, but don't want to really go that route.

4. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Right, I totally get that, I just don't think that exists. I'd be happy to find out otherwise. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.