1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gear Patrol features SONY NEX 5N

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by jebuskrust, Apr 3, 2012.

1. jebuskrust

jebuskrust TalkEmount Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Limassol, Cyprus
  2. GaryR60

GaryR60 TalkEmount Regular

May 12, 2013
    Seattle
    Cool....except the iPad is fairly useless when you're shooting RAW....unless you have a newer model with the maximum storage capacity, that is. I went the cheap route and bought an iPad 2 with only 16GB. It also sucks to edit pics on an iPad and then have to edit them again on my laptop, later, and what I do on the iPad doesn't sync to Lightroom on my laptop. Thus, I deleted all the photo apps from the iPad and I don't use it for photography anymore.

3. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    I don't find the iPad useless at all. I recently took a trip back to Canada to visit and had no computer with me. I shot in Raw+Jpeg. I would load the Jpegs onto my iPad and edit a little mostly using Snapseed. Then I could send the pictures where ever I wanted, including my storage site (SmugMug). I still had the Raw files on the sd cards for when I returned home to my computer.

True, it's not the same as my home set-up but what is when travelling.

4. GaryR60

May 12, 2013
    Seattle
    Yeah, that's what I did, at first. Then I switched to RAW only and found I needed to get the CameraRAW app just to download my RAW files to the iPad, otherwise, all the iPad does is save your images as JPEGs and that's what you're editing in Snapseed.

5. GaryR60

May 12, 2013
    Seattle
    I looked into the Photosmith app as a possible solution, as it syncs with Lightroom. I thought that maybe I could use it on the iPad when on a trip, to download my RAW files from the camera (I'd still need CameraRAW for that, though) and then, when I got home, I'd have all my RAW files already in Lightroom and could go on shooting while away. But, I've decided against that and will probably just opt for using a high-capacity USB flash drive to offload to, or possibly a couple of spare 32GB cards. That way I can go on shooting if my card gets full while away. As for Lightroom, well, I can just download to my laptop when I get home, you know?