G'day

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Dan Brisbane, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Dan Brisbane

Dan Brisbane TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 10, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Dan
    G'day everyone

Just a quick introduction to say hi.

I'm 32 and based in Brisbane, Australia. Whilst photography was somewhat of a new hobby that I took up 1.5 years ago, it something that I have fallen in love with and has turned into somewhat of an income spinner for me! How lucky am I!! Countless hours are spent reading, researching, practising and doing it all again. Having a father who has been a photographer for 40+ years is also handy. My main cameras are Sony A7 and A7r, however I am also using some old film for a bit of fun on a Yashica Electro 35 GSN, A Minolta set 303b, Polaroid SX 70 Sonnar and a Leica M6. Lenses on the A7 cameras are the Zeiss 16-35, Zeiss 24-70 and Sony 70-400mm along with legacy Minolta Rokkor lenses, Olympus, Cannon, Nikon and Leica.

Three external flash units are used with the Sony's and they are the HVL -F43 units. Used in conjunction with the Phottix Odin Trigger and receiver systems.

It might seem like a bit of gear, but in all honesty I would be happy with one A7 and the 24-70mm lens - the rest is either used for specific shoots or a bit of fun.

Most of my shooting revolves around Wildlife, Beaches, sport, Fashion and real estate. I enjoy varying where and how I shoot - indoors, outdoors, lighting, HDR and Black and White. HDR program used is Photomap Pro and all editing is done using lightroom and Photoshop.

In April of 2015 I'm moving to Mongolia with trips to Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore, Europe and Africa ahead of me also - in short, some absolutely amazing photography opportunities.

If you are on instagram, feel free to take a look at my account for some of my "hobby" shots - Dan_Lewis_photography.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to say hi - Hopefully I can help with some questions and give back for the hundreds I will no doubt be asking :)

2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Hi Dan welcome top the forum, I think you will like here very nice members with a lot of knowledge and experience (they have helped me many times). Cant wait to see some of your pictures :)

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome.

Looking forward to some images from areas I have never visited.

4. Dan Brisbane

Apr 10, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Dan
    Thanks very much guys -will put some photos up soon "-)

5. Snowy

Snowy TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Barry
    Welcome Dan, from Brisbane. Looking forward to seeing those photos.
    Cheers
    Snowy

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome Dan! Mongolia? :popcorm2:

7. Zanner

Zanner TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    Welcome! Just started following you on Instagram. Can't wait to see the photos of these amazing places. You are very fortunate indeed. Safe travels!

8. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Hi Dan!

Welcome around! Quite nice gear you have amassed. The community here is great and folks are always helpful and not afraid of giving positive critique when needed.

Very nice! looking forward to the shots from these trips, it's an area of the world that its on my list.

9. Dan Brisbane

Apr 10, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Dan
    Thanks Snowy - I put a couple up last night to see how this all works.

10. Dan Brisbane

Apr 10, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Dan
    HI Ztryfe -thanks for taking the time to say hi. Good to hear that everyone is quite helpful. Always need help and always seeking opportunities to learn

11. Dan Brisbane

Apr 10, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Dan
    Thanks so much for following me :) Yes, I am very lucky to have these opportunities. I hope you're well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dan Brisbane

Apr 10, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Dan
    Hi Woodworks - thanks for saying hi. Yep, Mongolia!! Should be very different and very interesting. Moving over there with my fiancé for a year or two.