• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

G'day from the Hunter Valley, Australia

michael

TalkEmount Rookie
G'day Michael here from Australia down under. I have made the difficult decision :confused: to sell all of my Pentax DSLR system and make the changeover to Sony's NEX E-mount system.

In May this year, I bought my partner a Sony NEX 5n with 16mm, 18-55mm and 55-210mm lenses for her Mother's day present. I was so impressed with the way that camera performed and the output of the image quality was very comparable to my Pentax K-5 images.
The lightweight NEX system and persuasive video advertisements has won me over so I have actually ordered the new NEX 6 with 16-50 PZ lens. My partner and I are looking forward to sharing our lenses with our respective bodies and starting the new journey of NEX imaging.

I have a question regarding the 16-50mm PZ. Am I able to zoom manually with this lens or is it strictly motorized?

Thanks in advance.

michael.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Michael, welcome to the club. And the forum. :)

I too came from the Pentax ranks and have all but decided to unload the remaining gear I have to fund further purchases for my 5N.

Re: the 16-50- it does have a manual zoom ring as I understand it. Somebody, I don't remember who, posted a video of someone using it and showing him zooming the lens manually.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
G'day michael! Welcome.

It's neat to have a partner with a NEX as well. Between the two of you, you can compliment each other's line-up of lenses - great idea! No fighting over the most favoured lens though, lol!

The NEX6 has got me all excited too... sorry, I've no experience with the 16-50 PZ but I recall seeing the video that Bimjo mentioned but it's hard to tell.

Hope you can post and share some of your photos some time...

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
welcome to the forum Mate and then hope that you share your photos with us soon, well I read the 16-50mm, despite being so small, compared to the 16mm pancake, are so similar, far from having OSS (Optical Steady shot), that's really awesome with power zoom attached and higher quality.

Sony 16-50 | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

I put a video here, but is in Chinese,I do not understand anything, he is using a nex7 with this lens.

Sony NEX-7 & Sony E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS power zoom - YouTube

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
I have a question regarding the 16-50mm PZ. Am I able to zoom manually with this lens or is it strictly motorized?

The answer is yes. There was a Youtube of it being manually zoomed (it has two control rings around its barrel if you look closely), but I can't seem to find it now.

Latest threads

Top Bottom