• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

GAS . . . it's a sickness

TonyTurley

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I took another step farther into the Pentax world with the purchase of an original Q body, new in the box. The price was right at only $99, and I've been curious about how my little collection of C/D-mount lenses would work on that platform. The vignetting I get when I use them on the NEX should disappear. I also intend to use it as a replacement for an old Nikon P&S I was using for aerial photography. Although I've read of plenty of guys doing it, I wasn't about to strap my 5R to a model airplane.

Should be an interesting adventure. However, I did dig a little into my lens fund, so that weather-sealed 55-300 for the K-30 will have to wait a little longer.

Tony

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Pick up the PK-Q adapter and you can use your PK mount lenses on it too. I've often thought a long lens (400 or better) on a Q might be fun.

TonyTurley

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
For what it's worth, I'm down to one Vivitar lens now, my recently purchased 75-205 1:3.8 Macro Focusing Zoom. I carry it on my K-30 a lot. Some of you may remember when I first got my NEX, I was buying Vivitar lenses left and right. Most of them were pretty good, but then I came into a great deal on some Minolta lenses, and never looked back. I've sold off all of my other Vivitar lenses. So the cycle continues . . .

Tony

TonyTurley

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
The Q was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from hiking today. Here's a P&S shot of my ILC lineup now: NEX-5R with Minolta 24-35/3.5, Pentax K-30 with Vivitar 75-205/3.8, and Pentax Q with C-mount Fujinon 35/1.7. It was beautiful sunny afternoon here, but I was waiting for the Q's battery to charge, so no pics yet. Should be fun.

Tony

DSC04422_zps6ff27a1d.jpg
   ---            

bmg123

TalkEmount Veteran
I bought a Q recently and got rid of it within a week. Had no idea why I wanted it in the first place; think mainly because of it's size but since I can already fit my NEX-7 in my pocket I think it was a true sign of GAS.

TonyTurley

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
If I didn't have a long history of aerial photography using P&S cameras, I doubt I would have bought the Q. I'm curious to see if there is a significant increase in IQ over a P&S, since the Q also has a 1/2.3 sensor, although supposedly vastly improved.

Tony

Latest threads

Top Bottom