1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gariz cases? Anyone actually have one on a NEX-6 or A6000?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SRHEdD, Aug 5, 2014.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Just wondering if that opening on the bottom is functional on an everyday basis. I like that it adds a little height/grip to the body as well. Just seems steep for a case, so thought I'd ask here first...

2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    For what it's worth, the one for the NEX-7 is essentially the same and I absolutely like it / made a world of difference, especially for big hands. And I also agree that the price is bordering on obscene...but I've been using it for a year and a month, it still looks like new, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

The benefit you'll have on the NEX-6 is that the design leaves the left end open enough to open the doors and easily plug in a USB cable, an External MIC cable, etc.
    Not so on the NEX-7...so I have to pop the SD Card from the bottom every time and to answer your other question, it's quick & simple...and I also follow the habit of popping the battery while I'm right in there getting the SD card and let it charge while I'm transferring images from the card to my PC...so that's probably a plus.