• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

FYI... lots of new Apps on Sony for NEX-5R and NEX-6 (LINK!)

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Both look nice, and they're worth their money for sure. I'm just afraid the timelapse app is restricted by the battery life of one single battery ...

and they're worth their money for sure.
I'm not so sure and I haven't splurged the money so far. I have tried the free apps Smart Remote Control and the Direct Upload. Both are next to useless if you ask me. The Smart Remote Control limits the camera functions you can use to only a few, and before you can even start to use the app you have to do a lot of actions on your phone (iPhone in my case) and camera. Direct upload to Facebook? Who cares? Direct upload to my PC, that would be useful.

So far this camera app thing is still in its early infancy and a lot has to be ironed out and enhanced before they will become really useful. So far it's just toy-like stuff in my opinion.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
I'm not so sure and I haven't splurged the money so far. I have tried the free apps Smart Remote Control and the Direct Upload. Both are next to useless if you ask me. The Smart Remote Control limits the camera functions you can use to only a few, and before you can even start to use the app you have to do a lot of actions on your phone (iPhone in my case) and camera. Direct upload to Facebook? Who cares? Direct upload to my PC, that would be useful.

So far this camera app thing is still in its early infancy and a lot has to be ironed out and enhanced before they will become really useful. So far it's just toy-like stuff in my opinion.
I agree, I've only used the free apps and transfer some pictures to my ipad, but to be honest I'm so fascinated with this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom