• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Fujinon 75mm f/1.7 in c-mount

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran
It's a cool lens!

Thanks! This lens is very unusual in the flaring. I shot all the night shots with a long and deep metal hood. Nothing can stop its flaring. That is a good thing. Maybe I should forget about the hood for good. I used a shorter hood for protection before

25500405225_7d2b2db871_b.jpg
   ---            

C-mount pair

by Hin Man, on Flickr
Silver lens is the Fujian 35mm f/1.7 c-mount

32080296011_9fd400912a_b.jpg
   ---            

Light Travelers

by Hin Man, on Flickr

31356830074_c8aa645d3a_b.jpg
   ---            

Ghost Meetup

by Hin Man, on Flickr

32150833866_1c4c6cb111_b.jpg
   ---            

Ono Hawaiin BBQ

by Hin Man, on Flickr

I will try to shoot some street, landscapes, portraits but I don't think I can find subjects that can be more interesting to push this lens than those I did yesterday. CA is still raining, I am thinking of taking the Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 and have it along the Fujinon for similar shots.

Cheers,
Hin

Attachments

• 31356830074_1cc5f72323_b.jpg
    31356830074_1cc5f72323_b.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran
32264824155_ec50c40744_b.jpg
   ---            

Don't You Stop My Music

by Hin Man, on Flickr
f/1.8 and off-focus comes from Hin and not the lens
selected in Flickr Explore with 90 Favs and 4K+ views -- very surprised

My 2nd copy of this lens was shipped back to seller yesterday. It took me quite a lot of time and efforts to communicate, buy and print the shipping label professionally, and remain calm from start to finish while getting the usual charm at work that everybody demands me as a super-human-being that can do it all in sub-zero minutes of productivity for things that need 1 to 3 days of hard-working and labor of love. Why does my life sucks at times when I feel the best of me in staying charm, cheerful, and hugging friends and strangers alike on a daily basis? I am built for a purpose to love, care and document my journey with a picture. God, please helps me get over this week in one piece as I am venturing out to the unknown sport to try snowboarding with family for the 1st time in Yosemite National Park. And my 1st winter in visiting Yosemite. Everything is my very first such as a cabin which may not have enough amenities as in a usual boring hotel.

If you don't see me with a picture by next Wednesday, you know something is wrong with me. Please pray for my family if you are Christians or if you believe in prayers with the higher being who overlooks us with love and grace every moment that we can think of.

Cheers,
Hin

Last edited:

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Heheh! Don't be so taken with anxiety. If life doesn't throw some exciting and hair-raising moments at you, then you're not living life properly. We only grow if we go beyond the familiar and boring. Have fun and take lots of photos, because you're going to be at Yosemite in Winter. Think, Ansel Adams dragged his gear out there to capture it. The place will take your breath away. Embrace the adventure. Snowboarding is exhilarating, wear your helmet and if you fall, you eat some snow. Just try not to get a mouth full of yellow snow! Haha!

As for work...just like the ol' Depeche Mode song, "Get the Balance Right!"
Don't be so busy making a living that you forgot to make a life.

Looking forward to pics from your trip!

Last edited:

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran
Heheh! Don't be so taken with anxiety. If life doesn't throw some exciting and hair-raising moments at you, then you're not living life properly. We only grow if we go beyond the familiar and boring. Have fun and take lots of photos, because you're going to be at Yosemite in Winter. Think, Ansel Adams dragged his gear out there to capture it. The place will take your breath away. Embrace the adventure. Snowboarding is exhilarating, wear your helmet and if you fall, you eat some snow. Just try not to get a mouth full of yellow snow! Haha!

As for work...just like the ol' Depeche Mode song, "Get the Balance Right!"
Don't be so busy making a living that you forgot to make a life.

Looking forward to picks from your trip!

Love your reply and your humor on life experience. I have to take heart in your above statement about life. That honestly not-so-crisp and off-focus picture went to Flickr Explore this morning with 3K+ views. Maybe I should start venting more on my pictures with insights, gripes with joy on what works, and experiences to share.

Hin

• Appreciate
Reactions: WNG

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran
32303241545_ffde25ec89_b.jpg
   ---            

Rainy Bokeh

by Hin Man, on Flickr

31424274324_07bc716e5f_b.jpg
   ---            

Lights In Ono Hawaiin BBQ

by Hin Man, on Flickr

Shot with Fujinon 75mm f/1.8 wide open inside my car in moderate rain. Very pretty and memorable night with unique lighting on 1/7/2017 where I spotted a house on Fremont Ave where this very house still had x-mas lights dangling around the front yard. The atmosphere with rain subduing moments put me into the vivid memory and Christmas missing moods for lost of opportunity for pictures. I was in depression months earlier recovering around the Christmas time. I look forward to the next coming of rain and the next Christmas where I can cope with life and family with better equipped scope with faith in Him.

In Him we trust and believe. May we meet again in joys with tears. Heaven knows our needs and showers us with love and the physical needs for rain and comfort.

Cheers,
Hin

Last edited:

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran
I am back in one piece and happy. I did bring my Fujinon and Zonlai to Yosmeite. I ended up shooting with my Pentax gear in the cold and wet weather.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSQuV1p

And about my 2nd copy of Fujinon, I got full refund together with both shipping and return shipping.

Cheers,
Hin

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran
View attachment 76219
AlternativeFacts
by Hin Man, on Flickr
#idefy #alternativefacts

This Fujinon lens has won me a $1,000 reward over this picture. My luck are at its highest and lowest point at the same time when I was awarded this at work. I took a day off with knee pain as my pain medicine ran out. Close to a month earlier, I broke my ACL completely and I have been walking on crutches and it became increasingly difficult for me to take pictures and work while walking on crutches. Everything happens for a reason. Mine includes to slow down and realize that I am getting old and skiing on ungroomed black diamond run might be too much for me to handle Will have ACL surgery tomorrow at 8:30am. I won't take away any of my negative experience as I have never gotten what it means to be disable.

I am looking into recovery and post more pictures with Fujinon. Had I sold it earlier, I would have never gotten my $1,000 reward.

No more lenses for me as I have over-spend the $1000 on a computer for my 12 year old and a 8" tablet that I tried to convince my wife to like. She like bigger screen and that would mean another tablet in the near future. It is the Lenova 8" yoga 3 tab -- super nice for Android 6, amazing sound and good 8 Meg camera that is both front and rear camera with a swivel to move between front and rear.

Cheers,
Hin

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Wow, sounds like you've been on a roller coaster, Hin. Congrats on the award (and prize!) and good luck on the surgery. And yes. Slow down. Hell, ungroomed black diamond runs were too much for me when I was 24. :eek-30:

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
Congrats on the prize and here's hoping you will recover well from the ACL surgery (had to look that up, that's a serious injury). And I can only guess what an "ungroomed black diamond run" is, apparently a crazy thing to do. Says someone who has never done skiing. Your family really ought to put you on a pedestal, spending the prize not on lenses but useless stuff for children and wife! Sometimes I feel I shouldn't be spending money on a particular lens, only to end up buying another one or something else photographic.

Last edited:

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
Congrats on the prize! Take care of yourself so you can get back out there.

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran

I actually recorded the whole tragedy on my Sony Action Camera mounted on the side of my helmet. I will add more to the context later on. My surgery went well and I managed to go to pee pee on my own and use crutches to move around. I was supposed to sleep downstair but I managed to move upstair climbing through stairs in sitting position and go backward. It would be more challenging to go downstair as I need someone to move the crutches to downstair while I sit my way down.

Cheers,
Hin

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Make a quick recovery Hin! And a belated congrats on the prize. Agree with Ad, very honorable to spend it on your family.
Two Thumbs Up!

Latest threads

Top Bottom