1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Fujinon 35mm f/1.7 CCD C-mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by TonyTurley, Aug 14, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Hefty build on this little lens from Fuji Optics Co (Japan). As the first photo shows, it is soft and dreamy, with a soft vignette at f/1.7. At f/4 in the second photo, it has sharpened considerably. f/8 seems to be its sweet spot. If you look closely at the third photo, you can see numerous fine spider web strands all over the flower and leaves. I think I'm going to have some fun with this lens.

Tony

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Nice! Love the rosebud.

3. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    Looks like a keeper.

4. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Here are a few more from yesterday afternoon. It certainly vignettes strongly at certain times, such as pointing it at the sky. Other times the effect is more subtle or even barely noticeable. This is definitely not a landscape lens, but I very much like the effect for close-in pics. The 25mm C-mount Cosmicar is just too short for the Nex; the 35mm Fujinon works well.

Tony

DSC05208_zps24c4ff67.

DSC05213_zpsd297664e.

DSC05227_zps3ef0d6e2.

5. bopfan

bopfan TalkEmount Regular

Jul 21, 2013
    Worthington, Ohio
    Denny
    Just for the record. The lens is not made by Fuji in Japan. It's made in China and has a name that is obviously close to the Fuji name. Sort of like selling a small tablet and calling it an uPad from Ample. So this one is not a Fujinon it is a Fujian. Unless of course you have really do have a Fuji made in Japan CCTV lens. But I am guessing that most likely it looks like mine. IMG_1217.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    No, mine says right on it "Made in Japan", and it is labeled "Fujinon" not "Fujian". Different companies, different lenses.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
  7. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Nah, different branding, same lens. I own one of these, and it's bokeh character is pretty much a class of it's own (for the good or the bad).

8. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I don't think so, Poki. If you look at eBay, you can see plenty of images of the Fujian, and they are clearly marked "Made in China", whereas mine is marked "Made in Japan". Mine is silky smooth, while the Fujian has a reputation as "gritty", for lack of a better term. Unless Fuji Optics has a branch in mainland China, they are completely separate lenses.

Tony

9. bopfan

bopfan TalkEmount Regular

Jul 21, 2013
    Worthington, Ohio
    Denny
    Tony mine is definitely the el cheapo Chinese knock off. Bought mine from Rainbowimaging. The focusing is ok...wouldn't call it silky smooth.... but it's not gritty. Wouldn't surprise me one bit that they would call it a Fujian or if they were to market lenses called Nicon, Pintex, Suny or Canun. I think I remember a Chinese auto manufacturer getting in trouble with GM a couple of years ago. They had produced a car and called it a Chery. And, as you might have guessed, the Chery logo looked suspiciously like a Chevy logo. Protection of intellectual property and copyright is not much of a priority for the Chinese. Wait twenty years; when they actually start innovating they may change their tune.

10. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Unfortunately, the Chinese business model seems to be based on copying, cheap mass production, and little quality control. But it works for them, so they keep plugging along.

Tony

11. talkinghead

talkinghead New to TalkEmount

Oct 9, 2013
    USA
    Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old thread.....

But just picked up a Fujinon Tv Lens HF35A-2 35mm f1.7 C mount..for the life of me, can't find a C mount to NEX adapter that fits this lens. The base of the lens near the screw in Cmount is to wide to fit into the adapter to allow the C mount to screw in. I have tried 3 of generic Chinese C mount to NEX adapters with no luck. I have a Navitar 75/1.3 C Mount that will fit in all three (love this lens!!).

To the OP Tony, is your Fujinon 35mm the same model and/or what C mount-NEX adapter are you using?

Thanks,

Rick

12. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Rick,

Sorry for the late reply . . . I haven't been on talkemount this weekend. I sent you a PM in reply, but there is a piece that needed to be removed from my Fujinon for it to fit the C-mount adapter. I'll look at my setup when I get home to verify the make of my adapter.

Tony