Fujica AX (F/AX), what adapter to fit NEX-5 ?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Daniel Fälldin, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Daniel Fälldin

Daniel Fälldin TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 23, 2013
    Hi,

I recently found a Tokina RMC f/2.8 28mm Wide-Angle F/AX and have since then searched for a adapter but I cant find any. Is this a very unusual mount or is it as simple that I cant search.

Well, all help possible is highly appreciated.

/Daniel

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum. :)

You need to know what camera lens mount your lens has. Tokina makes lenses for several different camera brands. Until you know which camera(s) your lens fits you can't buy the adapter. Perhaps ask the person you got the lens from what camera it was mounted on? Otherwise you'll have to take it to a camera shop and ask them what mount it is.

3. Daniel Fälldin

Jul 23, 2013
    Thx for the welcome!
    But I got lost after that. I thought that the mount was as I wrote the Fujica AX .. because on the lens, it says F/AX.. but I could be very wrong.

I recently found the lens at my granny but a camera wasnt anywhere to be found, so I'll guess I will have to go to a camera shop and ask :)

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Ah, sorry, I need to learn to read apparently, I focused on Tokina and totally missed the Fujica in the title. ;)

This adapter should do what you need.

5. Daniel Fälldin

Jul 23, 2013
    Cool, thx, but are you sure?
    I mean, it says FX and not AX, but maybe the Fujica X-Mount is a gathering name?

Thx :)

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    It would seem so. I wouldn't stake my life on it, but I'm pretty sure that's the one you need.