Fuji fan boy come potential Sony lover !

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by bobbywise, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bobbywise

bobbywise TalkEmount Regular

Nov 6, 2013
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    Boy, where to begin. GAS I think ?!?!

Orginally from an APS-C DSLR, wanted smaller.
    Went to M43 (still have the system).
    Like M43, but wanted better IQ, so into Fuji X -- I love Fuji colours and the Fuji X system.
    Wanted a FF Fuji X system, but may wait a long time.

Thank you Sony for the A7 and A7r -- fun with legacy glass starts here :D

Keeping my X-Pro1 and X100s.
    Trading in my XE-1 and Black X100 to put towards a purchase of an A7.

I like street photography in general. Maybe the shutter on the A7 will be a bit loud -- but what the hell, the legacy glass will be fully utilised :D
    • Like Like x 1
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Welcome, eventually.
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Welcome, Robert! I'm really looking forward to adapted lenses on A7R.
  4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Wait, you had a X-E1, a X-Pro 1, a X100 AND a X100s? Man, I'm almost a little bit jealous looking at my aging NEX-5 right now ... ;)
  5. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    If I'm not wrong the a7 has electronic front curtain while the a7r does not, so the a7 can be made quieter than the a7r. I imagine a7 is as loud as current NEXes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  6. bobbywise

bobbywise TalkEmount Regular

Nov 6, 2013
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    I kind of got carried away with Fuji. I pretty much purchased the X-E1 for the lens.
    I'm heavily invested in Fuji, and really like the size/quality of their lenses and their x-trans APS-C sensor.

However the Sony A7/A7r is going to be great for legacy glass :D
    I'm still a bit apprehensive about the size of the native lenses that will come out for the A7/A7r.
    My plan is mainly to use OM lenses, and my little 40mm f/2 Leica that I have with my CL.

From what I read, the A7 is quieter, and apparently the there is less or no colour fringing on the wide lenses compared to the A7r (due to lower pixel density). These points and the faster AF made me decide I'd rather go for the cheaper A7. I placed my order in the local shop today. Originally, was only going for the body, but for the price difference decided to get the kit lens version.

Interesting times ahead :D